Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

If I hadn't quit ...

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I can't contribute to your solicitation for a celebration story right now. I do want to respond to your comment about swimming being related to quitting smoking. I think that sometimes it is surprising the degree to which smoking affects other areas of our lives. I have no doubt that if I made up a list of the areas of which I am aware that smoking plays a role that the list would readily lengthen with the object input of others and my own observations over time. Happy for your reward- not only a reward for swimming, but a reward for your quit accomplishment. You're doing swimmingly. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alright River! So glad you got an award. If anyone deserves it, you do!!!!! I am also writing to wish you the best time on your trip, and I have no doubt in mind that you will return still not smoking. You are a true inspiration. Cheers, and all the best to you, Jan
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Phillip!!! This is amazing!!! Way to go! I felt the same way when I checked my swimming times against those of when I was a smoker... and it was amazing the difference! And we NEVER would have been able to do this as smokers! NEVER! Way to go Phillip! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 401 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1656.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations RD Man! This is a wonderful accomplishment and may never have happened had you not quit. We are proud! Thanks for sharing! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would have never won the award I was given last night. "Most improved swimmer". That's right I won an award for swimming! This from out of a whole club of people. I was embarassed and pleased and pretty shocked. Cause I don't race, I just swim and the swimming has helped me learn to breath again. I wasn't going to post this cause on the surface it is about swimming and really not about smoking. HOWEVER, it really is about smoking cause if I had kept smoking I would certainly not have kept swimming. There are many things that go on in each of our lives and each of them is, for me, a learning. My learning to breath again is one of the huge benefits of being quit. Learning to breath and not poisoning myself two or even three times an hour has been a huge life preserver and a benefit. SOOOOOOO any ways woohoo! I mean WWOOOOHHOOOO!! I am celebrating my swimming career as fast furious (NOT) as it is. What are you celebrating? What is benefitting your life from you quitting? Curious minds want to know! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,239 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Thank You Jan. You inspire me and help me along more than you know so keep on coming. I always need to talk. Thank You Katy. Do you know that you have the most amazing stats. 71,782 cigarettes not smoked, awesome, 1794 smoke free days and saving more than $10,000 DOLLARS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRIDE AND YOUR ENTHUSIASM. Swimming soon.!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
N2K funny but that 10 10 10 score was for the reindeer elf competition after the award ceremony and you guessed it I got all tens and no where near first prize? ;p I must be more a troll than an elf or more a moose than a reindeer Oh Well :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And now ladies & gentlemen~ The judges scores... [img]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7754/judges10os0.jpg[/img] [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 470 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you are right...this isn't about smoking...it's about NOT smoking!!! whoohooooo! It's about a fantastic quit and something wonderful that happened to you because of it!!! Yahhooooo!!! I am danged down right proud OF you and FOR you......you GO!!!! YEA!!!!PHILLIP!!!!!!!!! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1794 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71,782 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10225.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 234 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$158,914.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5341 Hours: 18

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: