Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Family?

17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, I wouldn't let him get to you, how can he know what its really like when he hasn't been there. For me patch or not its still be a very rough time. I'm sure it would have been much worse without. To me it was important first to break all the habits of smoking and then wean myself of off the nicotine. And I know where you're coming from with the crying, yesterday it started at work for no real reason(this hasn't happened to me before normally i can keep it in at least until i'm in the door) my staff thought maybe my supervisor had yelled at me and were telling me what a jerk he was. Had to smile at that point since he really didn't have anything to do with it. Hang in there :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 723 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gosh isn't family one to really get you going, thanks for the visit and the baggage lolo. Got to love them but yes for me I have to stay away not even talk on the phone for a few months that is how rialed up I get and I am just so use to the cig to help me threw. I am cheering you on with this one and thank god you have a good quit under your belt. take care go for a walk that is a good break. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$163,360.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6098 Hours: 15

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I still say there's no place like a hotel. If the relatives won't stay at one, hand over the house and you check into one for a while. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW - That's impressive! Deap Breaths and lots of rewards, hun.. you're doing great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,532 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $598 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMAN I feel for you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
It's all over now, the verdict is ,he's retarded and I'm smart LOL I wish my computer had been turned off when I went through this I wouldn't have turned it on for such a ridiculous thing. Really I'm sorry I bothered to post. I wish I could erase it. Rollercoaster up and down. I'm going to hide for the rest of the day as I'm discusted with my childish attitude.
Rvdman I just have to vent. I have had enough of my brother who thinks he knows it all. First he calls me his plump sister. Today he calls me and in the conversation asks me how long I haven't smoked so I tell him and here comes the answer: well you're doing it artificially so it doesn't count. Well I said somebody at the door I have to go talk to you later. This stupid little thing got me all sad and I'm typing and crying at the same time.I just can't deal with my emotions today and most days I'm fine. This is so awful this feeling. He has never smoked a day in his life, but his wife did she's been quit for 4 years. She certainly didn't get his support I admire her even more . I have to go get a tissue Marie ahhhhhhhhhh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
ozzgran I was venting again thanks for being here for me :)Marie
Ozzgran, hi and thank you, have we met? You didn't post your meter so I don't know how long you've been quit but you are so well informed. Well today was a good day except for my clueless brother. This is not going to change anything in my resolution never to smoke again I just wanted to vent. My hubby is such a gentle soul and he tries but he doesn't remember he quit 30 years ago and didn't smoke for that long. I'm feeling sad still, but not crying anymore. I have to get over this it's lasting too long. argggggggggggggggha
Silly me, in general my brother is unsympathetic to all. If you don't do it his way it's the wrong way. He's a dictator, so nothing he says usually gets to me, that's what bothers me the most. So now you know that, even 12 weeks in, it's still rough, I have had broblems going down on the patch I'm at 7mg now, I have heard some people go back to smoking, not me I'll tough it out, I'm very determined to do this, this is my third try and my last. I'm learning things about myself that were masked by smoke all these years, I'm super sensitive and hide it well. Things will be in the open from now on. Thank you for your response, I hope this helps you also in your quit as the patch only takes the edge off, doesn't stop you physically from smoking. Success is in determination, dealing with things one day at a time, I delt with today I'm absolutely certain I'll deal with tomorrow whatever's thrown at me. I can't say it won't hurt because I'm vulnerable right now every single little thing hurts. So thanks again and take care of yourself and your quit. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: