Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

There's Hope!

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4][color=red]YEAH!!!!!!![/size][/color] I'm so happy! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) You can do it Cherie! I know you can! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,864 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1131.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful Spirit, I also quit for 1.5 years and started again, it was a long time ago, but I still remember how I felt.So my heart goes to you and have faith, I'm on the path again and fighting the good fight everyday. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $184 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b]Hi joyfulspirit, Here are some words of encourgement for your journey:[/b] Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you chose to believe, you can achieve. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/stop_smoking.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 9

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Joyful I am sorry to hear about your relapse :( And I am happy you are ready to make it right. Congratulations! Reading your post I get the feeling you will, no doubt succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking foward to having you around again. Miss your Joyful Spirit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 393 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1375.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie. So glad to hear that you will be back. I know that underneath your recent relapse is a real desire to live life to its fullest. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 470 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1645 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$794,587.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5681 Hours: 16

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad for hummy's thread "Not Perfect, So What". She put a link in there and I was able to read a post I wrote a year ago. Wow how interesting to see a post I wrote from a year ago after my recent relapse. Nothing happens by coincidence! It's a GOD thing for sure! Tks Hummy! I'm getting closer to quitting again :) The doctor is giving me patches again to quit although this time since I just started again on July 2nd I'm thinking of going cold turkey. Being smoke-free is still a very familiar feeling and I'm looking forward to getting back to that way of life sooner than later. The poison in the ciggaretts is really strong and taste really bad. I had a good run for a year and 4 mos which no one can ever take away from me. I appreciate everyone's love & support in here. The unconditional love in this site has truly helped me to want to quit again. My Mom asked me how I was doing with my smoking & I lied. I didn't tell her about the relapse because this is my struggle and I just didn't want to hurt her or worry her again. It's not fair to her. I'm just going to quit again. [color=Red]A long time ago she said from her heart..."I don't want you to die".[/color] That has stuck with me & meant everything to me. So rather than worry her I'll just quit again, soon. Thank you all in here for your support, love, understanding and patience. I know many of you were shocked to hear the bad news about me starting again & believe me so was I. If you haven't read the "smoking again" thread I started, then check it out. Love, Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 584 Hours: 7

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I appreciate you all sticking by my side in this difficult time :) Thanks so much for the words of encouragement & inspiration you're giving to me! Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 584 Hours: 7

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My dear Cherie: How could this member body of the SSC not love and care for you. After all of the kindness, love and help you have given to everyone who needed or needs it. I was personally not shocked when you made the choice to start smoking again, it is after all your choice. Everyday I have to make that choice and I will admit that on any given day it is a 50/50 toss up as to which one I will make. After 58 years of dedicated smoking and supporting R. J. Reynolds, Inc it is hard to put aside if just from the habit standpoint alone. No I don't find fault with you nor do I look at you as a person who relapsed, just a good friend who has helped me in the past who has decided for what ever reasons to start smoking again. I you do decide to quit smoking again and need support and help along your journey, please count on me to be there for you as you have been there for me. Love and Hugs Duffis :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 531 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1364.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 106 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$283,781.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6810 Hours: 20

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie, How wonderful that you�ll be quitting again soon. You�re right that your starting smoking after such a lovely quit shook us up quite a bit. On the positive side, I believe it will help some of us keep on our toes and not be complacent in our quits. You just get yourself back in here � you already know what it takes. Besides, anyone who can stay somber for over 10 years can certainly quit smoking! Love ya lots, Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 450 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2925 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$472,212.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 9

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: