Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Reaching out to help you back on the wagon...

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL! When I started reading this, I started smiling because I knew exactly who this was written to. :) Then you wrote, "This is one of the hardest things I've ever done, Pam" so I'm sure everyone knows that yes, it was me. I don't mind you posting this, of course. In fact, it was this very email that really helped me get back on track. Believe it or not, I have thought many times about some of the things that you wrote here because they were so similar to things that have happened to me. I really hope that this email DOES in fact help another to come back from a slip or relapse. It sure helped me the first time! :) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 269 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1110.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow pure inspiration jacko [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Big Hug to you LadyBug :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 644 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladybugg, Thank you for taking the time & initiative to share your experience with others. I'm sure many members who are struggling will be able to draw strength from this post. Thanks again, Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whew - thank you for posting this hummy. It was powerful then, and powerful now. I am so glad to call you friend and this site and the folks here are lucky to have your footsteps to follow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 465 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1627.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$794,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5681 Hours: 12

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]I wrote this e-mail to friend back in November, when they asked how I was able to come back from a relapse. I don't think they'll mind me posting it here to hopefully help another friend....or two. :) I did try to delete out anything personal.[/color] I'm happy to share if it'll help you. I slipped at first at about three weeks quit. I tried to come back right away and just kept on slipping. After a week or two of stumbles, I came to realize I just wan't prepared. Plus as odd as it sounds...(I know, I know...junkie thinking ) the meter thing got to me. I felt guilty keeping my meter, but didn't think it was fair to lose three hard won weeks. If I went back to smoking then I broke that stalemate. *shrug* makes no sense...but that was part of my thought process. I felt like I was in limbo land. Anyway, After I lost my quit altogether (early February), I went to the doc, got on wellbutrin. spent a bunch of time on a smoking cessation site, smoked every cigarette thinking about how it was slow suicide, set another quit date, and the rest is history (and about 40lbs! *ack*). This is one of the hardest things I've ever done, Pam. In December of last year I was a 3 pack a day smoker. I would try to cut back and end up smoking more. I would try to quit and end up smoking more. I had been in the hospital twice in two years with pneumo-thorax (hole in your lung), I lost my mom and dad and my grandma in the last 10 years to lung cancer. I am 42 and have no living parents or grandparents. I spent every cigarette thinking about how I did not want to die young...especially not out of my own stupidity! So, I guess to answer your question, I did continue to stumble too. Then I gave up long enough to get my act together. I kept thinking of how many 'special days' I let pass me up...my 35th bday, 40th bday, Christmases. It is hard to get your momentum back...really hard. When I quit the second time, I had none of the adrenaline/excitement like the first quit. I did it by sheer determination, 'grit-your-teeth-and-bear-it' determination. I haven't told many people about this and I don't know your religious background... The first time I prayed, really prayed to God to help me quit...a week later I had a hole in my lung. I was scared t
  • Quit Meter

$52,335.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 3

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: