Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Today seems better?

17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go RD Man - you rock dude! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $841.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$99,891.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9148 Hours: 11

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Glad to hear your feeling better. Keep persevering, Danielle ____________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today seems better. Perhaps I got through this by swimming and swimming last night, I am actually sore today. I used muscles that obviously haven't been used in a few decades. So my mind is on my body and not on the wanderings of the addict. Perhaps it is seeing others who say that they are experiencing the same thing? Responding to those in need last night was a calming experience because I got to look at why I haven't smoked at this challenge. I know I want to give myself the experience of being smoke free and that is what I am doing. There are also a whole long list of benefits some I predicted and some I had no idea before I started. The most prominent of these is the breathing is so much easier and I feel so much clearer, at ease. I am sure there must be studies of how much stress is created by smoking. I know I moan and scream about the stress and I am sure that inhaling a few hundred lungs full of noxious and poisonous fumes has to be stressful. Then there is the freedom and the pride and the acknowledgement for doing something that I said that I would do. I get this a lot from many sources and this always feels really good. So today does seem better. Thanks Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cybrduke, I promise you I will not smoke, no matter what! I also promise you that I will absolutely shout you and everyone else out if I am in danger. Chase some chickens! Thanks Phillip Strength in numbers! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you are feeling better Phillip. If it weren�t for those tough times, we would probably all go back to smoking. The strength that comes from sticking it out through the bad times is what gives us confidence and courage to continue fighting the battle. There is no greater feeling than digging deep into the pit of your soul to fight for something you want so intensely and succeeding in defeating the odds. Let�s face facts; the odds of actually being able to quit smoking are not in the quitters favor. However, we prove to ourselves day after day that not only CAN it be done, but we ARE doing it. We are transcending the addiction and developing new personas because of this battle. One step at a time. A job well done, friend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 348 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,968 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1218 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RD Man - You're just a few weeks ahead of me. I have been experiencing a surge in addictive thinking and cravings as of late. The last significant quit I did was a few years back and I managed to stay quit for 13 weeks before I folded. Thete is something about this time in the quit that gets to people. I know it's been getting to me. I promise you RD Man - I will not smoke. make me the same promise and shout me out if you need me..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $841.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$99,891.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9148 Hours: 11

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: