Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigarette - blast from the past

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys make me laugh. D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the Birthday Wishes Shevie. No need to apologize though ... I was joking. ;) We just got back from going out to eat. I'm stuffed. I am so happy I kept my promise to my son ... I quit smoking before I turned 36. It feels so good to be able to say I have never lied to my child ... that I kept my promise to him. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$54,453.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5950 Hours: 18

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh goodness ... I remember this song even thought it is way before my time ... thanks for making me feel old Shevie ... and on my birthday no less ... ROFL! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,453.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5950 Hours: 18

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Mc, Well if you were 15, you smoked for 29 years and if you were 16, you smoked for 28. LOL which basically equals = soooooooooooo glad you finally quit~ Mira ~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 507 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$44,924.22

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5153 Hours: 8

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for this Shevie! And how is your drum kit? Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �862.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hahahahaha, I didn't get your name, Mira, until it was pointed out! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! DUH! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Mira. I was hoping someone would bite. I've been dying to know how long I smoked. Whew, 29 years. That's sounds like such a long time. I don't know how that could be, when I'm certain High School was just a few years ago... Oh, well. Just another one of those things I'll never figure out. Like, why I ever started smoking in the first place when I just [i]hated[/i] it that my folks smoked. Crazy, huh? By the way, great moniker! I admit I didn't get it right away. The first time I saw it I thought, "That's an interesting name. I wonder what a Nosmo is..." (Cold Turkeys aren't the brightest bird in the flock...) Don't smoke, okay. It's bad for you. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 282 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, I was in High School when I first discovered this song. I'm pretty sure it had been around awhile, by then, though. My mother suggested that I use it as background music for a slide-show I was doing on Cigarette Smoking in Society for my year-end Sociology project. I remember that I enjoyed doing the project and that I, myself, was already a beginning-smoker at that time. Funny how we can have the truth all around us; heck, we're even doing projects on it, and we still believe it just doesn't apply to us. I was, what?, about 15 or 16 then and I'm 44 now so you do the math. No, seriously, you do the math. I hate math. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 282 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found this article on the Internet. It's been a loooooooong time since I've heard this song. How many remember it (or are willing to admit remembering it)? [color=Blue]1947: 'SMOKE! SMOKE! SMOKE! (THAT CIGARETTE)' Written by Merle Travis for Tex Williams; the release not only saved Tex Williams' waning career, but also became Capitol Records' first million-seller. Travis later released his own version. These two are the most commonly heard versions, although Phil Harris also had a hit with the song. From the New York Times, Oct. 13, 1985: Country-western songwriter and entertainer Sollie "Tex" Williams, a heavy smoker best known for his tune, "Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigarette," died after a year-long battle with cancer, his daughter said. . . . her father, who was diagnosed a year ago as having cancer, smoked two packs of cigarettes a day, dropping to about a pack a day before he died. "He tried to quit, but he couldn't," she said. [/color] [color=green] [u]Smoke! Smoke! Smoke!(That Cigarette) [/u] Now I'm a fellow with a heart of gold And the ways of a gentleman I've been told Kind-of-a-guy that wouldn't even harm a flea But if me and a certain character met The guy that invented that cigarette I'd murder that son-of-a gun in the first degree It ain't cuz I don't smoke 'em myself and i don't reckon that it'll hinder your health I smoked 'em all my life and I ain't dead yet But nicotine slaves are all the same at a pettin' party or a poker game Everything gotta stop while they have a cigarette CHORUS Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette Puff, puff, puff until you smoke yourself to death. Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate That you hate to make him wait, But you just gotta have another cigarette. In a game of chance the other night Old dame fortune was good and right The kings and queens they kept on comin' around Aw, I was hittin' em good and bettin' 'em high But my bluff didn't work on a certain guy He kept callin' and layin' his money down See, he'd raise me then I'd raise him and I'd say to him buddy ya gotta sink or swim Finally called me but didn't raise the bet! --Hmmph! I said Aces Full Pal -- I got you! He said, "I'll pay up in a minute or two But right
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b][color=Red]Happy birthday, Breaking Free.[/color][/b] I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel old. Actually, that song was a bit before mine, too. Not much, but a bit (fingers [u]almost[/u] touching :)). Duffis, I remember the top one from an old magazine of my parents'; National Geographic probably. It was the first time I'd seen an oar like that one and could not figure out what it was. Amazing the stupid stuff you remember while the really important stuff just floats away. :confuse: Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 381 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1447.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: