Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Lots to do. Me Today

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to hear from you today! I am glad things are starting to get a bit better! Its a struggle but we can make it through this! Hang in there!!! More time to play with my son Less obsessing Way more money in pocket [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, RD...I'm jealous. I wish I could pour myself into gardening...I didn't even plant one single flower this year. I need to get off the "whoa is me" phase and get on the ball (force myself if I have to). My focus is going to be doing for others. As far as the list goes....I might add: no more chains rosy complextion food tastes grrrrrrrreat...hehehe (even fast food). sleep much better....love it. I do get up earlier though. Can go to Church with fresh smelling hair!! I'm impressed with your stats, RD man. Grrrrrreat job! Keep hanging in there and I will too. I'll always have the desire....that is a fact. I'll not give in. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$272,400.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6101 Hours: 14

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nothing inspiring here. Doing. Getting my mew office space. Cleaning, painting , planning and new furniture, a little bit,... Life is going on. Still angry about having to leave and still finding that this is good. Even better than I imagined...benefit I can have more time to myself and I get to go swimming more and I can work out at the gym at work and not have to pay memberships etc. I am still at a high crave level and I an exploring what happens to me when I go to my neighbourhood pool. It is like I am allegic to the chlorine in that pool. I will get to 45 minutes and I become a coughing mess. I know slow down adn breath more regular and I get out of that pool, my throat it raw and I will cough for a good 18 hours after. Talked to the Dr and he is not sure so monitor and he gave me a pill that will relax me and let me sleep even though I am a wheezy coughy mess. Sounds like smoking huh? The breathing thing frustrates me and the addict says why bother. And I get out the enormous battery opereted fly swatter. Zap that voice that is saying why bother, I am slimmer and fitter than I have been in 15 years. There are a huge number of benefits to being quit. There is where the lots to do id. Find the benefit to being quit. Slimmer More breath Able to swim 600 breast Able to kick face down length of pool Better self image No stains on lips or fingers No squinty eyes No grey sallow complexion More concentration More energy More attitude ... Add to the list what benefits do you see and have from not smoking. OH yeah Freedom, more time to garden, More time to play with the dog I want to eat more healthy food (the fast food right now is a big turn off) ... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey RD man. There's nothing wrong with just doing my friend. Good to hear from you. Keep that Junkie in it's place. Hope the coughning at the pool stuff resolves itself. I have a hot tub that I haven't been able to use since I quit. I cough like crazy when I'm in it. I assume my lungs are in a healing state and that I may have to live with that for a while. I hope sooner or later it goes away and I can enjoy the hot tub again. Keep up the fight. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $782 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$99,880.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9147 Hours: 9

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, perhaps there's too much chlorine in that pool. Have you tried other pools or swimming in fresh water to see if there's a difference? Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 541 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1893.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$54,662.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 11

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: