Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

This too shall pass?!? When exactly?

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's the weekend ... go back to bed. See if you can wake up again fresh. Hang in there Phillip, the craves will pass, you know they will. (((hugs))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 704 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$54,483.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 1

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zyban and RiverdaleMan: I recommend The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. :) Remember, you are not sacrificing cigs. They were sacrificing you. Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$44,948.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 4

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, When you feel that anxiety build, you can dimish it by getting active. Keep persevering! Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Philip, I hope things are better for you now. You know that you won't smoke - no matter how painful. You know that you are heading for a big successful quit - despite what you might feel today Take care my friend Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi RD Man You know it's Tuesday ;p Luna got to say this before me (and how KEWL is She?). You make sure and enjoy that ultra fabulous dinner with your very good friend. Remember, everything will taste mega delicious and you will have the pride of knowing it was made with loving care in a smoke free environment by a person who is truly happy he quit smoking and is starting to feel fantstic and has some JITTERYENERGY to burn. Take care Phillip and enjoy the time you have to relax. It's what life's all about ~ specially for us folks out here trying to reward ourselves! Enjoy, I'm sure your friend will lift your spirits and make you laugh. Hugs from CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am such a ball of craving and absolutely anxt energy. I have not felt this way in some time in this quit. IwantittogoawayandIknowitwillandIwantitsoonerthanit'shappeninganditisnot goingawayanditisstillthereeverytimeIcheckinwithmyselfandthisishowthingsare happeninginmyminditisjustreallyhardtoaccomplishanythingexceptgetthroughmoment tomoment! AAAAGGGGHHHH. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,148 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $802.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Well I haven't rolled into a ball or crawled under the bed. I know it is the weekend and I work on most weekends. So off I was this am to work and back now and starting dinner. I am going to whine for a while and then I will go off and continue to make a fantabulous dinner. Then go swimming and then have a dear friend over for dinner and then go to bed and then wake up tomorrow morning. This seems so unlike one foot in front of the other and it is actually one foot in front of the other and one moment by single moment. I know this will all go away and there is so much going on in my shallow little head that is so unquiet. I mean just plain loud. So there is the whine and I can get on with the day. Thanks for being there. The breathing does work and if I simply vision the breath things seem better and then as soon as I open my eyes I am back in the swirl. Keep going and this is so much like the path in the Wizard of Oz )blinders on looking down at the path afraid to look up or around) it is not, I mean not funny. Are you laughing? Good I will be there in a moment or to or perhaps next week and I know I will be able to laugh sometime soon. Cheers Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $802.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
AAAAAND I get my new, yes brand new, 2 inch smaller waist, fancy club branded bathing suit at practice today! Hooray! This is a reward one I hadn't expected. OH BOY a new suit and its a jammer. Long legs and small waist! Something about which side I look on. See that Tuesday Post Cheers Phillip Thanks everyone for your thoughts, hopes and wishes. You are all great ! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $802.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, you're not smoking. After all that your brain's pulled to get you to inhale what will kill you. GOOD JOB! I'm right behind you, man. They say this is nicotine's last stand, where you are now and where I'm headed...let's hope!! Good luck and smoke-free thoughts with you. quitter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $199.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah, yes, the 107ish day doldrums. Not too long ago, I crawled through them too. You have nothing to worry about. Just drag your sorry @ss through 'em. You'll make it, I have no doubt. (psst, it's a corner - turn here) REWARDS are what you need now. Be kind to yourself, BELIEVE in yourself. I try to focus on the dream that is my life coming into focus at these times, in particular. Your peace will find you soon, Phillip. Keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,969 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: