Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

From the clutches of my past!

17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Phillip Sorry I missed this yesterday and AWESOME job on keepin on...... and today I am.......... [IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/NTFChat/Smiles/wall-wallaGlasses.gif[/IMG] right beside ya... in the streets (sand) of FLA and not smoking. Have a great weekend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow R Man - Your experience sounds and feels like a mirror to where I have been the past couple of days... And it gives me some energy and focus, so thanks so much for your post! We CAN hold our own...NOPE not one... ever, no matter what! Blessings and congrats... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey riverdale man did I just imagine it or are you from Louisville? So glad you got thru your day but then you always do. My son moved to Louisville and I visited it is the most fantastic place on earth.The houses are reasonable and it is just so friendly and fun. He had to move back to cali. because of lack of job oppty. keep on keepin on . [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan- Are you grooving in the street? Are you dancing with your dog?? I love that song!! I'm trying to remember who sang it... From one day to the next you continue to show your strength and your commitment to your quit. You made it through a very tough day and did an awesome job!! See you on the ship!! I think they are celebrating Cinco de Mayo - tequila anyone?? Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $146 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$1,701,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5855 Hours: 6

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A blast from the past! What I'm doin today! And although it is not really summer I am more than able to fool myself into the brilliance and clarity of a summer day! ;p [quote] Callin' out around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat? Summer's here and the time is right for dancin' in the street. Dancin' in Chicago (dancin' in the street) Down in New Orleans (dancin' in the street) In New York City All we need is music, sweet music, There'll be music everywhere There'll be swingin' swayin', and records playin, Dancin' in the street Oh it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there. So come on every guy, grab a girl, Everywhere, around the world There'll be dancin', they're dancin' in the street. This is an invitation, across the nation, A chance for folks to meet. There'll be laughin' singin', and music swingin' Dancin' in the street Philadelphia P.A., Baltimore and D.C now, Can't forget the motor city, All we need is music, sweet music There'll be music everywhere There'll be swingin' swayin', and records playin, Dancin' in the street Oh it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there. So come on every guy, grab a girl, Everywhere, around the world They're dancin', dancin' in the street Way down in L.A., every day they're dancin' in the street Lets form a big strong line, and get in time, We're dancin' in the street. Across the ocean blue, me and you We're dancin n the street [/quote] Lovin to be dancin in the street! AND Not smoking, never smoking. Breathing and breathing and breathing. AND did I mention - Not smoking, never smoking. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $577.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Island Sung by Martha Reeve and the Vandellas then Mik Jagger and David Bowie Written by Marvin Gaye and two others. There are several other releases by other artists the most groovin though was Martha This song has been in my head all day and it has really stuck there. Really sad right now and it is simply that I am really sad. One of the things that I am learning (maybe slow, maybe fast) is that I simply feel, there is nothing to be done about this, I need not change this I simply feel. AND Feeling is so much more than NOT Feeling - which is depression, numbness. Thanks and no thanks Night all. Peace Joy Love Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Feels so good tonight! Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $577.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Thanks for the vote of confidence, the hand held to my back, the gracious hugs and the reminder that I am not alone. Here I go the tears and the joy. I am so glad that I am able to keep the commitment that I made to myself to be smoke free. My strength is so much from being here gaining my strength and your constant and steady support, love and care. Thanks :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG I have had a right nasty 24 hours mmmmm make that 27 hours. I have had to handle a whack of stuff that is so old, all of it nasty, yucky and so very trite. Resentful you bet. Perseverant and absolutly like a terrier not letting go, you bet. Did I get it taken care of, you bet! Did I clean it up as best I could, you bet! Did I smoke, NO WAY!!!!!! Although in the last few hours I have come mighty close. I just kept on walking. I did not want to give up on myself. I realized a little while ago how important I was. If I give up on myself there is no where else to land. :confuse:I have been so good. I don't know that anyone around me understands because they are not quitters and I can't seem to acknowledge myself enough and it is time for a really nice reward. Mid afternoon into the sauna, and steam shower and just relaxe!!!!!!! I know I have to work tonight and then I am off for the weekend, hoooooooray. Getting myself back into a soothed, medicated/meditative (how bout just plain calm) space might take a bit and I might just need to find the right medication. I mean this in the most conservative sense, having a bath, a sauna and tomorrow I get to go for a swim. The exercise and sauna will relax me, calm me down and I believe the sauna and the breathing will actually remove some tension. This stressed out time was the time that I would smoke the most. This time is a time that I have been avoiding like the plague and wouldn't you know just as things were looking good for me Monday, Tuesday Wednesday the monster of the past comes up and bites me. AND I GOT THROUGH THIS WITHOUT SMOKING, I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE, THE COMPUTER, TO OFFICES AND ALL THE BUREAUCRATIC NIGHTMARE STUFF AND THROUGH NON OF IT DID I SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray Thanks for listnening to my manic vent and thats me today. A celebrant and a pretty happy camper. Wondering when the next claw will come up from the ooze and I know that I can push the past and the tension and the craves and urges down, get through it without smoking. Hooray. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,533 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1
So everything seems to be going great. I am doing and enjoying life. I am outside and as I am sitting outside on a bench having a great cup of coffee, twenty-five feet away this guy lights a big cigar. Stink OMG and this has set off a crave that just goes on and on and on and it is exhausting me. I am so tired and I can't simply focus. I have to go to a birthday party in a few minutes and it is going to be a fancy chmancy affair and I hope that there is no place where I have to smell the smoke. Walked into a store on the way home and someone had been smoking in there and boy did it stink. and what happens to me I am transporting into all the bs junky talk in my head. Oh well simply more on in a different direction and come here post do anything that is different and anything to get my mind away from the smoking thoughts. .......... I am not going to smoke. I choose not to be in the agony misery of those that stumble and start to smoke. After all I am on of those people that does not smoke. Oh well I just have to go on, cause I am one of those people that does not smoke. Dis I say I don't smoke. Ciao Phillip N.O.P.E. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $592.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: