Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Anybody here? Need help please!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
joyful, How are you doing this am? I just read your post from last night. Please stay strong, and make use of your coping mechanisms. You have come too far to give up now. Cuddles has a list of positive, uplifting posts written by you. You have so many people here who care. Take each day as it comes. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
joyful, Stay strong. Make good use of your coping mechanisms. Try taking a nice long hot bath, try meditation or relaxation techniques. Keep strong, don't light up and keep us posted. We are all here. Take Care, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in honey! Sorry I wasn;t here to support you when you needed it most!! Your an inspiration!
18 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} joyfull how you doing ,let us know ,thers more of us about now!!! thinking of you jan xxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joyful, I'm sorry I wasn't here either to offer encouragement. I am so glad to hear that Lady was here for you and alot of other folks it looks like, too!!! So you are in good hands. I know this and that's why I felt right at home after my first post. You were one of the first to offer your hand and I am taking all the hands I can get, and I also get to give back too. I want to stick together in here and do whatever is necessary to maintain my own quit and offer whatever help I can out here too. Lots of hands means lots of applause right? There's a big hand right here for your getting through that bump in the night!!! This is tough stuff we are up against, BUT WE ARE BIGGER THAN OUR CIRCUMSTANCES!!!! :):):) Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful, I'm sorry you had such a hard time. I see that you did not give in to the evil demon-that's great. Keep up the good work(and it IS work). Trudy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 562 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful, Just found your message, or what a horrid night you must have had. Wish I had been there for you. You must have posted not long after I logged out. Joyful, do you like to sing? I find singing really helps me. It lifts me up. Even when I don't want to sing, an sometime I have to make myself do it. My dear, I am so sad for you but know that there is light at the end of this horrid trip. You will come out on the other side. Hang on tight and know that we all are with you. Let us hear form you soon. Blessings of light and love sent your way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$229,832.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6394 Hours: 0

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm here! And I know how it is! As lame as it may sound, get a glass of ice water, and a piece of gum. If you can, go for a walk right now, even if you have to stay inside because of your job, etc. Just move around for a little while. And if you haven't done so, I totally recommend the nicotine patches during the first few weeks. They really help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 989 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joyfulspirit Found some quotes that might help They are all quotes from you 4/15/2005 3:33 AM Spent the day with my 1 1/2 yr old niece, just love the fact that I'm not stinking like smoke around her. She's just so beautiful, precious & smart...She's absolutly amazing!!! 4/15/2005 11:31 AM I promise! I promise! The last thing I want is a stupid cig & feels so good to be able to say that and really mean it, woohoooooooo!!! Not only talkin the talk but walkin the walk! Naaaaaa I don't wanna smoke this weekend or any other weekend for that matter. Soooooooo YES I PROMISE NOT TO SMOKE 6/12/2005 2:42 PM I have to say I'm really happy I quit smoking and I don't think the nicoderm monster could get me to smoke again for any reason. I'm very happy to be a non-smoker & I believe this is my forever quit!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 6/16/2005 1:47 AM NO TURNING BACK NOW, WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! 6/17/2005 3:33 AM MD those cravings can kiss my A$$! I will not let them get the best of me and I know u won't either We're doing so awesome! I'm very proud of us!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 7/17/2005 2:53 PM Being a "normy" is the last thing I want to be. The fact that I'm an recovering addict has allowed me to really get to know who I am, what makes me tick and how to grow emotionally. Many so called "normies" don't work on themselves and kinda just exist. I'm not doing a very good job of explaining what I mean LOL but I'm just saying I'm grateful I'm who I am The only way to stay quit is to continue to grow emotionally because if u stay the same person u are then u will smoke again (because that's who that person is (a smoker). Just sumtin I learned in the recovery home I was in when I got sober 9 yrs ago "The same person WILL drink or use again". Nicotine is a drug and we will use it again unless we grow up emotionally. U might be sailing along thinking you've got it licked and then one day someone u love dies or you get in a fight with your best friend or u lose your job etc, then you just say screw it I need a cig,,,all because you didn't take the time to explore your emotions and grow up,,,cry when you need to (don't hold it in), laugh, hit your pillow, whatever it takes just get through those emotional moments (they're only temporary) and then you
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful..... Breathe honey breathe! In out In out.... you are not where you were before. You have come a long way. You said NO to the easy way out. You said no to a life that would lead you straight back to your addiction. Fear is absense of faith remember? The Lord will provide. You know that. Start with the toes :) Take one full minute... no two.... Deep breathes and let go of that anxiety. It's not good for you. You will get that 10 year chip. You will remain smoke free. You know how I know that? Because you are not the same person you were before. You have grown and you have changed. You make more sound decision now and you think before you act. You make choices that are good for you. Choices based on your intellegence not your addiction. You have a possitive spirit and you know you will make it through this rough patch as well. You have done it so many times before. Chin up, my friend... you still have some work to do. You aren't finished yet so cannot give up. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You will get there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1001 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: