Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Loosing a Coping Mechanism?

17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, It doesn't matter where you go, remember we are always with you. Stay strong, make good use of your coping mechanisms. Lady and Shevie, has given you some great advice, print out your favorite posts and get that journal started - don't forget - with time permitting, visit some cyber cafes. We'll be awaiting your safe return. Take Care, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
take us with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol take care of you for us. jan xx
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah Phillip - we are going w/you afterall!!! I could feel your worry, and now I feel your relief :) Stay strong - we are right here with you- [center][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/nosmoking.gif[/IMG][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,401 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $186 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip, You have got some really good advice, I cannot find anything else to tell you, but I know that you will be fine. Have a great trip! Carina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
See you all mid May! Ciao [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Yes The little handy dandy apple eventhough it says on the SSC web info does work! Hooray You really are coming on a great trip! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Well the day is coming. I am going to be away from here for a couple of weeks. Not sure exactly what to do because for the whole time of my quit and for the time pre-quit I came here. I have posted what is up and down with me and exactly what is happening for me and for my quit. I will be away and my travelling office computer does not support the platform for this forum to operate on. I will be able to view the forum on some office computers that I visit and I will not be able to load software to run the forum or post into the discussions. I feel like I am loosing a big piece of what has made this quit successful for me. I have a few more days at home this week and then I am off. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks so much Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Shevie In order to post onto this board you need to have a microsoft operating system that has net 1.2 loaded on it. Not every computer that I have been on has it and it is not common (anymore) as a platform on many office computers. My computer in my office will not run this as I can not load the required program and there a filters at the office and I can read and not post. I plan to look in however I can I simply will most likely not be able to post. Lady Thanks a journal is a fantastic idea and I already have some of this done as I have a kind of scrapbook of my quit to date. Simply need to put together some more and change the habit of what I do. Thanks for the response. I really appreciated the communication that happens, is created in this forum. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Philip I have a secret, you can do this on your own!! I know, I know it sounds crazy and I thought I was crazy too when I first tried a day without it but I realized that I was comfortable and confident that I could deal if need be. Have faith in the one person who is really making this happen and that is you! You can only give this site so much credit, when it comes down to it, you have the smarts and will power to actually stay smokefree. I don't like spending time away from here either but it is nice sometimes to not think so much about cigarettes, nicotine, withdrawl, and everything else that comes with it. Maybe this is a new step for you in your quit. It will either make or break you.....I know you will be fine but nicodemon is gonna play some hellacious mind games. Don't fall for them! You are stronger then that. If you have to and its possible to remove yourself from situations then do so. Just know that smoking will not do nothing but make you feel so pissed at yourself for smoking!! Get a support friend that you know that you can call and chat with if your having a rough time. Do whatever it takes, be strong, confident, and prepared. Make a promise that no matter what you will not smoke, nothing at all can or will make you, regardless the situation. Knowledge is the key. Know that you can never let your guard down. You can do this! You will remain smokefree! I am so proud of you and your quit and I know you will be fine!! Good Luck, Gods Speed, and Can't wait until you get back! We will be waiting for you! Think Chickens.....that always works for me!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, You are not alone, you have all of us walking right beside you every step of the way. And we will all be here waiting for you to tell us about the great trip we all went on with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: