Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Hmmmmm? Does this feel familiar?

18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This sounds alot like me!!! The last 5-7 days since going off the patch, I don't really crave the smoke, but constantly thinking of it, if that makes any sense. When I have free time, well not really, just can't seem to get going at any one thing. Then find myself thinking I could!!! No I can't!!! It just isn't an option right now. NOPE!!! Mostly when I am alone at home in the evenings since my hubby had to go back to 2nd shift. Hate it!!! I constantly surprise myself every day that I get through the day without caving in. Because awhile back, I don't think I could have done this, Not sure what is different this time, but I am doing it. Almost to 50 Riverdale man. We are almost there. Let's keep up the HARD work!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$20,640.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 415 Hours: 12

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First of all...look at those stats. WOOOHOOO, Almost at the big 50. What a awesome job!! I sometimes will be doing something and think, OK time to smoke...oh wait, I dont smoke anymore. I get confused but then come to a wonderful realization that I am a NON SMOKER. I hope your dizzyness goes away too ;) Take care!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$204,313.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 5

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do I want to smoke? No. Does the thought enter my mind? Yes. Am I going to smoke? No. My mind keeps going through this drill of what to do next. What to do when I am not smoking and when I am wondering what to do. Not that there is little to do, I have lots to do and I am still questioning what to do. My concentration seems to be off. Some parts of this feel familiar, and some of the familiarity is false, not real, and is the addict saying the stuff that would have me smoking. AND I must weight the smoking with the outcome that I want. That leaves me not smoking. My focus has not changed. It is fasinating to me that these thoughts roll through my mind in a seemingly unending march. I am constantly having to look at, my schedule, my to do list and look at what I want to be doing. This does not seem such a struggle any more and I am having to get used to a different me. Surprise, surprise there really is something living and breathing and those lungs are getting pinker everyday. Hope the dizzyness goes away. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron, I was re-reading my journals the other day and came across and entry where I was bemoaning my obsession with my quit. I felt quite secure, but just wanted to stop thinking about it. Well, even now, I think about it sometimes, but it (the quit) doesn't entirely consume me any more. Just as with the other signs and symptoms, this one gets better too. Congratulations on an awesome quit! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 479 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1676.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,693.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 21

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
River, Your words ring true! These feelings are normal and will get better over time. Concentrate on a great quit and know that we are behind you all the way. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: