Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

4th & 5th week info needed

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've read a lot of posts that discuss the personal journeys each goes through. Up until the 3rd week. I'm curious what each of you went through in your 4th and 5th weeks... :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75.21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am an over achiever and hit the 30 day pit early and just wanted to scream!!! But ever since day 28 I have felt really good. I mean that too. I have had moments, and maybe a day or two but absolutely better then the first 28 days!!! I know its not over but I like where I am. I am more confident in my quit, but also on the look out for the NicoDemon to sneak up and bite me. I know that I am never completely safe and always have some sort of guard up. I don't really think about cigarettes like I did in the first 28 days. When I do, it's mostly in a "Wow, I really don't smoke" way rather than in a "I want to smoke" way! If you understand my crazy explanations! :) I, personally, feel very confident in the fact that if and when I have a deep ache for a cigarette I will not smoke one. I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE FIRST TWENTY EIGHT DAYS AGAIN!!! LOL!! That drives me. I actually haven't smoked a cigarette in 45 frickin days tomorrow!!! That's awesome for me!!! I am so stunned and really feeling like an ex-smoker. I hung out with a friend today who smoked all day and I really didn't want one. I saw her sitting there smoking her little cigarette (which was my former brand) and I thought to myself, "I really don't smoke!" It felt good....I shared this with her at the time, and she totally didn't understand!! LOL! I don't know what it was but I didn't even crave one with her all day. There are some days I feel so darn strong and then others when I know I need to take it easy, accept the fact that I am feeling a bit vulnerable and just need to take it easy. It's just something to take one day at a time, fight each battle when they come, enjoy life without smoking!! You have made it this far so keep up the no smokin!!! The Chicken Ohh...FYI...My friend was going to do something and needed to put her cigarette down and I boldly declined her request to "Hold it for a sec!" Even I know my limits! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found 4th week ok, odd craves but nothing major and dealt with easilly. Week 5 I found moderately tough (i.e. not as bad as weeks 1&2) but much harder than week 4, I put this down to moving from level 1 patches to level 2. I don't know whather the patches actually made a lot of difference but I was concerned about the move beforehand so it could have been a mental thing. Weeks 6 & 7 fairly straight forward so far but moving down to level 1 next week!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS] 4th week.. I was feeling my oats.. getting past 3 weeks for some reason made me feel really quit. And of course you are on your way to a month.. and time starts to go faster. 5th week.. say 30 days and + I started to realize that life still goes on even when you quit smoking and I got a little blah... I questioned my quit because I felt blah.. but then after a few days it went away. I believe this is a maturing stage.. acceptance of all that goes with quitting. Also that I must be proactive in my life.. staying positive and looking forward... never looking back.. never. Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4my2girls, Everyone's quit is different, but for me, the 4th week went pretty smoothly... the quit started to "grow" on me and I started feeling a little better... then WHAM!! The 30-day pit! Day 34 was one of the worst for me... day 10 being the absolute worst and day 34 being the second to worst for me. That doesn't mean that it will be that way for you... that's just how it was for me. Then after that, I found that the quit was much easier... I started to gain more and more confidence in my quit and things started to get more comfortable more often. So, that's my experience, but yours could be much different. Hope that helps. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,799 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $623.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
4mygirls, Everyone's journey will be different :) Yours will be unique. Post often and let us know how you are feeling, so we can guide you through. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: