Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Working it out to do my life different.

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the great bump Riverdale Man! This is sure to inspire many to continue their journey. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A lowly bump as I move into the day, go to work and remind myself, that the journey is really the reward. Cheerio [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1635 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale man, Great post, thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on 26 smoke-free days, you are doing GREAT! Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 26 Well well well. That is how I am and I must say that I am really happy. Something in the swimming clicked last night and I was able to breath, really able to breath. Once I got that I could really breath, I relaxed and in getting relaxed I was able to go farther and with much more power. There was a "Duffism" somewhere around here that was about getting on with life and not being so obsessed with the whole idea of not smoking (kind of relaxing into the water). I will have to find that again and save it into my printable journal. Over the weekend I am going to reward myself by putting together a book. Like a scrap book, full of writting, images and the roller coaster ride that this quit (NEW LIFE) is. That was another post, can you tell I do a lot of reading in this site. Roller Coasters. I love them, I scream and scream and scream into the wind, letting go, in a full stream way, into the force of the motion. I love roller coasters they are exhilarating. My nephew a couple of summers ago was visiting and we went to the not so local roller coaster park and spent the day. We went on 15 rides, a couple of them twice. About the third ride in he asked me why I screamed from one end of the ride to the other and I told him that I didn't want to hold in the scream or to bite it down and simply swallow it back; because, all of the terror of the ride would remain inside of me. I asked him to try it out and after a couple of rides we were both very excited and really enjoying going on more and more scarry rides. How is this like smoking or quitting smoking? Well, here goes. Smoking offers the body a place where it can bury, cover up a lot of what if feels emotionally. Masking feelings in the nicotine, or other chemicals in the brain. When we quit smoking we really start feeling, emotionally and physically. My mouth has never been so sensitive, just as my anger receptors and my sadness receptors have never been so alert. I think we get depressed around the thirty day mark because we get so busy trying to stuff the emotions and all of the feelings back into place. I know that for me in past quits and sometimes in this quit I can really get into a place where I say that all this feeling is just wrong and I shouldn't be feeling what I am feeling. Well that is ju
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi RDM. It's great to read your post. You sound so happy and enthuised. You also sound like you are learning so much about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses. I too have thought of my quit like a roller coaster ride. I have a fear of coasters so I have a hard time sometimes remembering all the fun there is to have in this quit journey. lol. I guess I need to be more like you and let the screams out instead of keeping them inside. Rereading this, I realize it sounds more cryptic than I wanted, but I hope you get what I mean. Just want to say congrats on your 26 days and keep going through life in the front seat with your hands in the air! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/Happy_474.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $605.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a guy on the site named Mike who began this quit journey about the same time that I did. Mike always says "The Journey is the Reward". It truly is Riverdale man. This is a life changing, soul searching experience. Enjoy it. Its the chance of a life time to make your world a better place. Make the most of it. You are doing a great job. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: