Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Life Lesson #347

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Redrosie This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Mary Walsh...Yes The Island is one of my favorite places to cycle in the summer and it is a great place to bring the dog. Mostly park and treesand there are some maybe 250 houses still there very nice place to live. Staying quit without those smelly cancer sticks. Hooray Thanks And heres to Tim's Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie You crack me up. You could be on one of those "Salter Street Productions" maybe you are? Your a Canuck so you know about Mary and the gang ... Anyways you are very funny and your posts are very inspirational. As a TO Boy there is hardly any place to smoke, there is even talk that the governmnt might make it illegal to smoke anywhere but inside your own home. UGH anyways I am glad I only have to go out with the dog and I don't have to be running out to the street to catch a puff ... In the new side of things I know that I smell better (not because I wear OLD SPICE or have my nose attached to my pit) but the first thing I did was take everything that I had worn in the last couple of months and have it cleaned. The car and house I have never been smoked in and I am so glad of that because I find the smell very acrid and harsh. Cheers Keep up the good work Mistress Rosie! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I forgot to add my meter. I am proud of it. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie: I must be a sick puppy, My son still smokes and when he comes over I sit near him because I like the smell. It is like I miss it. Thanks for the cake you sent me on the other post. I don't have a computer at home so I can only catch up during the week. Kaiser
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red.. I babied my quit too and avoided as much as I could.. I think it is a good thing to do. I had my smoke in the face event already and now.. I have started to watch people smoke.. just to get over the fear I have of getting near them.. lol Someone posted that the smell is not as bad as it seems to us right now.. because we are newly quit and all smells are augmented. Not sure if that is true or not.. but, I hope it is.. hate to think that I made so many people sick. But,, stange thing.. only one of my old boyfriends ever smoked.. the rest didn't complain either.. I don't know.. lol Nice thread ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting Thread, RR. I remember when I was pregnant (didn't smoke) with my first son we visited my family (smokers) in Europe. When we came back, and I openend the suitcase this disgusting smell of stale smoke came towards me. All our clothes stinked like smoke, and had to be dry cleaned. Gaby [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,008 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $387.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gaby, Congratulations on your 50 days. That's terrific!!!! Don't forget to plan something nice for all your hard work. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/Finger_fing31.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,597 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $547.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hey Riverdale Man, you must be talking about Mary Walsh and This Hour Has 22 Minuites. Great Show. My Step Dad was a Torontonian. He lived on the Island back in the day. It's all park land now isn't it? I too loved cleaning out my house and car. It's nice to give everything in our lives a nice FRESH start. Here's to you and your 17 days. [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/tha1c67dba.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/coffeecup.gif[/IMG] Cheers. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $531.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Yes N2k It's true, you have finally figured it out. I am your Mothers' Aunts' 3rd cousin twice removed through marriage and adoption!!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/funny%20ones/Happy_1264.gif[/IMG] By the By, This quit family doesn't smoke!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
I admit it I have been a very lucky lady. I have not had to be around anyone actually smoking a cig. since my quit. I know, I know, It's been 64 days, do ya think I may have been babying my quit a little? Answer is YES. I have been treating it like it could explode with any wrong movement. It is time for me to get out in the real world. I need to wake up and smell the cigarette smoke!!! YUCK!! lol. Well, I had my first test last night. My in-laws went on a cruise for a week and came home yesterday. We all went down to visit and pick up the nice souveniers my mom-in-law got us. (beautiful shell earrings for me). As soon as I walked in the door, I could smell the stinky smoke odor. It was everywhere, on everything. And that was even with them not being home for a week! After about 15 min. my mom-in-law took me down the hall to a bedroom to show me something she bought. She lit a cig and brought it with her. I felt almost immediately like I couldn't breathe. It was horrible! I didn't want to be rude and tell her how much she and her house stunk, so I slowly backed out of the room. My husband, kids and I talked about it on the way home. They assured me that our house and I never smelled that bad because I didn't smoke in the house, but still I must have had a bad reek about me. GROSS!! When we got home, we could all really notice how stinky with smoke all the new t-shirts she bought my kids were. They all went into the wash right away. I guess this whole quitting process has also been a lesson in walking in someone elses shoes. I now can see how horrible it is for non-smokers to be around us. No wonder there are so many laws in place against smoking here in my province. And all along I thought those mean, nasty non-smokers were picking on us. Poor us!! LOL. Life is all about learning, growing, expanding your horizons and emotions. I can honestly say I have learned many great things about myself with this quit. I know that with the help of all of you great people, I will continue to learn even more about my strengths and weaknesses. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/believers.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: