Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

I Confess... I Felt Smug.

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy Shevie, He sure is an observant one! It only took him 8 mths to find out you didn't smoke. It seems that your other other smoking co-workers didn't discuss your quit amongst themselves. HMMM, I wonder why? Jealousy maybe? Your numbers look great! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last night I was on my way to my car after work. It was smack dab in the middle of the worst storm we have gotten this winter. This morning there is 35 CM of snow plus blizzard conditions. ( But I digress, We Maritimers love to talk about the weather.) Anyway, as I sat in my car waiting for it to warm up, I see 2 of my fellow co-workers huddled together in the corner of the building trying to light their cigarettes. I must admit to having feelings of that terrible disease BrentW1 talked about last week. SMUGNESS! LOL.I was so proud and happy that I don't have to do things like that anymore. I love it when people ask if I am still not smoking and I can say "Yes it has now been... number of days." I think a lot of people expect newbies to fail. Not Me Not Ever! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $257.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story Shevie.....there is "Superiour Smugness", thats' the dangerous one associated with my post on the subject. You and Rosie, however, you have "Isn't it great that I don't smoke smugness" which is entirely natural and should be encouraged! Brent
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"Not me, not ever!"...great tag line idea! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie...it does feel good not to "NEED" to smoke. Enjoy the freedom! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 215 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $752.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
redrosie, Enjoy the smugness.. you've earned it!! Be proud of your quit. Tell everyone and anyone that you are quit and happy now that you are free from this wretched addiction. Best wishes! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $641.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$36,301.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9759 Hours: 22

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smug is good! :) A couple of days ago I was taking a break outside (like I did when I smoked) and there were a couple of smokers out there, too. One of them (who used to bum a lot from me) got done and started in, noticed I wasn't smoking, and the following conversation ensued: Him: "You want cigarette?" Me: "Why?" (said with a "what's wrong with you" tone) Him: "You're not smoking." Me: "I quit." Him (eyes wide with surprise): "When?" Me: "About 8 months ago." Him (shaking head as he walked off): "Wow." That felt good (snicker). Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your absolutely right, Brent. I made a concious decision when I quit that I would not become one of those self-righteous "You're scum for still smoking" quitters. I hated the few of those I crossed paths with before and I refuse to be a hypocrite. So I still visit with the smokers I used to visit with, at least the ones that will have anything to do with me. There are a couple that make it obvious they prefer my absence even though I've never brought up the subject of quitting. Just seeing me makes them uncomfortable. I'm a pariah for quitting, who'd have thought? LOL And the guy that I mentioned before is a real loner that usually stands off away from everyone else anyway. Anyhow, the ones I still socialize with are good people and we still enjoy each other's company. They are now at ease with my presence and it's just like before I quit except I don't smoke and stay upwind as best I can. It's a surprisingly comfortable feeling. Hopefully, that comfort is visible and they may someday think they can do it too. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations and enjoy your smugness, you have earned it :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cool! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1025.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$794,097.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5678 Hours: 5

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: