Are You Struggling with Depression or Anxiety?

Start to feel like yourself again.

This free, interactive online program has helped thousands of people like you to feel more optimistic and at peace.

The program is divided into sessions that you can work through at your own pace, with a private community of other members who are here to support you in your journey.

Browse through 102300 posts in 16787 threads.

38,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: 5c147bc78d0daeae567ba917, 57ad206abb53f16273a8844a, 572909a3d68efabb5a8bf398, 589ca544f78eb65d125ac7f1, 5c14449f58c373a456503d52

"Professional support" is months away . . .

Gwendle
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
10 months ago 0 Gwendle 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
This program is not meant to be a substitute for professional support, and I understand that, but do the facilitators have any advice for what to do when someone can't get other professional support any time soon?  A doctor at the walk-in clinic near my workplace (I don't have a GP, have been unable to get one in the past 13 years since moving here) has written several referrals for me, but other than the first one (which was a complete dead end) I've had to look them all up on my own and request them, and the only one I've heard back from so far has a waiting list of "6 to 8+ months".  Even with private therapy, the wait lists all seem to be at least 3 months.  I'm off work, and my workplace is impatient for me to come back, but I feel even more hopeless than I did when I had to stop working.  I've started having symptoms that I haven't had in years, and EI benefits are for a maximum of four months.  It's already been a month, and all I've heard so far is "we can't help you at all" and "we might be able to help you but not for at least six months".  I can't continue like this for another six months, and I don't know what to do.

Gwendle

Reading this thread: