Looking for help? Looking to make a change?

You’ve come to the right place

This digital care program has helped thousands of people quit smoking, decrease depressive symptoms, and conquer anxiety.

Don’t take our word for it: browse our community or register now to create your own free, personalized program.

Browse through 386931 posts in 42751 threads.

103,494 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FromPAGary, Peppermeint, tolkien, Hopingtocheerup, ArchedVenom11

"Professional support" is months away . . .

Gwendle
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
  • My Logo
a year ago 0 Gwendle 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo
This program is not meant to be a substitute for professional support, and I understand that, but do the facilitators have any advice for what to do when someone can't get other professional support any time soon?  A doctor at the walk-in clinic near my workplace (I don't have a GP, have been unable to get one in the past 13 years since moving here) has written several referrals for me, but other than the first one (which was a complete dead end) I've had to look them all up on my own and request them, and the only one I've heard back from so far has a waiting list of "6 to 8+ months".  Even with private therapy, the wait lists all seem to be at least 3 months.  I'm off work, and my workplace is impatient for me to come back, but I feel even more hopeless than I did when I had to stop working.  I've started having symptoms that I haven't had in years, and EI benefits are for a maximum of four months.  It's already been a month, and all I've heard so far is "we can't help you at all" and "we might be able to help you but not for at least six months".  I can't continue like this for another six months, and I don't know what to do.

Gwendle

Reading this thread: