Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Scared out of my mind.

12 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The truth is, I am scared out of my mind. I am really truly frightened. I have a history of depressions and panic disorder and GAD. I know what it is like to live life in a deep dark pit for years on end. I am afraid to go into full post-partum, if I am not there yet, and get stuck therefor years to come. Then what kind of wife will I be? What kind of mother? What kind of life would I have? I am so scared it's literally crazy making. I am not sure what to do and where to turn. I can'T afford private therapy sessions and our public system is less than stellar. I gave birth on Thursday and was sent home Saturday morning with no mobility (lumbar pain and sciatica), no help, nothing. My baby is in the neonatal care unit and I am having trouble just going to see him once a day. I feel 2 seconds away from a panic attack all the time. I cry all the time. I am SCARED!!!

Reading this thread: