Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

How Do I Get Motivated Again?

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rebbie, what Diva said....it's great you've started journaling again....keep us posted on how it's going and keep coming back here to keep that motivation moving moving moving right along.
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Rebbie,

I think it is great you started journaling again. That definetely is something! Woohoo! And hey, don't forget to take care of yourself and have fun!
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Kittykat.   You're right about January being a hard month.   It's a let-down after the holidays and winter is in its worst month.    I haven't started my thought records or mood trackers yet, but I have written quite a bit in my journal at home, so I think at least that's something.     Tonight or tomorrow is another chance to get started.   I'll just push myself harder.
Thanks for  understanding.   I, too, get motivation from coming to this site. 

Rebbie  
14 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Goofy about doing something for yourself to get motivated. January is always such a hard month, I blame it half on the weather...it gets to me sometimes.

You know what Rebbie, I bet you that 'normal' people also have low days like we do...I guess the best we can do is to keep going forward.

For me, you guys motivated me. I log on here and read your stories and how everyone is doing and it reminds me taht there are others going through the same thing, I'm not alone and I can do this...so hang in there!

Don't forget the something fun.  Reward yourself.  Do something you enjoy amongst all that work and task-oriented behavior.  It's okay to take care of Rebbie and spoil yourself.  How do you like to spoil yourself.  I like nice long hot soaking baths.  I used to like to read; but since I don't comprehend as well as I used to; I've found music to be soothing and "takes me away" like a good book.

You Goofy, that is such great advice I will apply it to my housework, On mess at a time, one task at a time, one thing at a time...

You can do it.  One page at a time, read one page at a time, work on page at a time, do one thing at a time.  Take it easy.
It is exhausting and I give myself permission to be that way - I wouldn't choose to be this way....but I have to do what ever is necessary to take care of me.  And include something fun.  I think it's so important and guess where I learned it.....right here on The Depression Center.  Hope to hear back from you on your progress.  Diva and I have discussed accountability and sometimes knowing we are waiting for word of the smallest step forward is motivation......and we are waiting patiently.  Keep on trying.....Keep on posting.....Keep on keeping on!!!!!
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for the support.  I know what I have to do, but I just have to get started.  Once I start, I know it will be easier.   So good to hear that others have the same dilemna.   Tomorrow I will make a goal to start doing the "homework"  again.

Thanks again!

Rebbie
Oh rebbie, I SO hear you! Ditto! When I had a panic disorder relapse, doing my panic Center homework was so easy and natural. The panic disorder relapse was so aweful and the anxiety was greatr fuel to make myself do the homeowkr in the hopes of getting better. And it worked like a charm! I got so much better on that front it is crazy! So when I had a depression relapse I thought DSC here goes it will work great! But then it was a shock. I just couldn't get started and get myself doing what needs to be done and stay with it. I still struggle with it.  The part that frustrates and stumps me with this depression is I am exhausted and I lack motivation in every aspect of my life as a result. All I want to do is sleep. I am exhausted. So I find myself with the same problem as you. How do I get back to doing what I need to get better. And I agree, it feels like a part-time job and that well isno fun! But I know I need it, so I will keep on trying. But in the meantime. I hear you! Hang in there and I will too!
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rebbie,

I am glad you came here to vent out your frustration. It can be difficult to get back into doing your DC homework. Take your time, work on it for a small amount of time per day. Goofy makes a valid point that there is always hope and we all must do our part to better ourselves! Continue to check in and let us know how you are doing.

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: