Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Another dip in the road of life.

12 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a good plan Baye!

Let us know how you are doing.  Check in regularly.  I look forward to hearing about all your future successes!

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Baye... I'm glad you are here... love your kitty pics :o)  I'm sorry you are having to struggle so much right now.  I'm glad you found us and appreciate the honesty and effort of your posts.  This CBT training takes time (and patience), but it does work if you want it to.  You seem to be very focused and determined.  Hang in there.  Keep posting... venting... asking questions... working on the lessons. We are here for you. 
12 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha,

I started yesterday and went through the first section while listening to relaxation music which is one of my goals for 30 minutes a day.  Anyway I printed out the activity tracker sheets for the week, feeling hopeful yet totally exhausted. 

By 7:15 I was ready for bed but did stay up until 9, even though I got into bed but did read. 

I will definately be breaking it up into blocks, I was just anxious to get started. 

One thing I have noticed over the last several months is that I have prolems remembering things.  That includes my morning meds even when I have them right in front of me.  I'll see them and mentally say "Have to take them at 9am" then look at the monitor time after 9 and usually mutter "sh*t".

So I will most likely run through the first section again after work but this time do it in 10 or 15 minute blocks.  As I mentioned I am not remembering things very well and forget things sometimes 10 minutes after hearing or reading it.  It is frustrating especially at work when I am given a new task or one that I have done before but haven't done in a few months.  Atleast the person that is assigning the tasks is understanding and even says you haven't done it for months, but I know this is not normal for me.

I'll work on the program daily in chunks and it is good to know that I will be heard and someone is listening.  Thank you.

Anyway I need to get back to work, the main office staff is just getting in.

Baye

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Baye,

Know that we are definitely here and we are listening. Start working on the program but know that you do not need to complete it all at once. Work on it in blocks of time, maybe 10mins here and there or whatever works best for you.
No need to apologize for rambling, we always welcome and encourage members to express themselves as much as possible!

How will you approach the program sessions? 

Members, what suggestions do you have for working through the sessions of the program?

Samantha, Health Educator
Hi Ashley,

In 97 I was just put on meds, and was not offered any counselling.  The GP that  prescribed the pills wanted me to go to the hospital.  I couldn't do it and asked for a note so that I could have two weeks not being a supervisor in the department and just an assembler.  I was back to work the next day,  when the two weeks were up I gave up the supervising job.  I am sure there are alot of unresolved issues and that is also when the leaving the house started.   I know the first few days at work I was having trouble breathing and was very uncomfortable physically and mentally.

I saw a Psychologist for a year or two which my mother paid for in my early 20's.  As I mentioned in my first post I have been in therapy from 11 or 12.  At different times in my life.

I can consider anger management but I do not believe that is my problem.  When I have lashed out it is during extreme stress.  When I have become overwhelmed and am afraid.

I signed up at the panic center a week ago .  But have not done anything there as yet, because I was going to my Dr. to talk and see if my not leaving the house was anxiety.  Because I manage to get to work, he didn't really say anything about anxiety.  Even when I said I struggle internally everytime  I need to go out, I have a step daughter getting married in July next year in Barrie Ontario and I know we will have to be away for at least the night and I am anxious and stressed about it now. 

I know that I need help because I can not continue to live like this.  I want to be happy which is why I have spent the last week trying to find some help/support. 

I joined the site yesterday and to be honest I was overwhelmed with the first page when it loaded. 

I just want to know that someone is listening.  I am very close to my mother, I have always talked to her about things.  But I cannot burden her this time, she is not well.  I have put her through enough with the moods, depression and cutting.  I can't do it again, I live three hours away and only manage to see her 2 times a year.  It is always a quick trip, I live Saturday morning to arrive in Montreal by noon and I leave Sunday at noon to be back in Kingston.

I am sorry for rambling, it is just coming out.  I have kept it inside for so long.

I will start the program now.

Thank you,
Baye

12 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Baye,

Thank you for introducing yourself.  Have you sought counselling or therapy?  You may also want to consider anger management if you are concerned about your anger.  It is important to access as many avenues for help as possible when it comes to your health.

This program can help with the depression. The support group is also a great resource, so post often. Set up a plan for yourself regarding when you plan to work on the program. The program is a lot of work but it does work; make sure you stick to your plan!  Set up a rewards plan to earn well deserved rewards after completing each milestone and after reaching goals.

If you have trouble leaving your house do you think this could be related to anxiety (more specifically agoraphobia)? If so, check out the Panic Center (www.paniccenter.net).

What do you hope to gain from this website? How would you like us to support you?

Ashley, Health Educator
I never did like rollercoasters (motion sickness) and yet that seems to be what my life is.  I have been on meds for depression since 97 after a meltdown a work from stress. I have been in therapy in the past in my early tweens, again at 18 and in the early or mid 20's. 

So I am 44 and the depression, at times is under control and at times not.  I also struggled with leaving the house, I believe it is tied into the meltdown from alot of overtime and stress.  This too seems to come and go. 

Last week my Dr. increased my meds but thinks my anger is just anger.  But I scare myself because it is like a switch and I just react.

I spend most weekends sleeping so I don't have to deal with anything.  And I have cut myslef after leaving my Dr.'s because I was so upset and overwhelmed.

I am glad I found this website.

Thank you,

Baye

Reading this thread: