Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

what if .....

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

We hope to hear back from you when ready .  Hope you are doing well. 

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
goofy!  are you there?  how is it coming along?
you who? goooo fiiiieeee!!!
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo Goofy!

You are most welcome. And how is your tracking coming along? Are you feeling a bit more at ease? Hope you are having a good day!
hi goofy,

for me the difference between being normaly disogranised - is that I know where stuff is on the garbage heap of a desk is!  Go through the layers and everything is done just heaped one on top of the other...  hypo-m is work piling up and I do not know where to start but have the energy to DO IT ALL. Everyone's stuff on my desk and without a family, I would be at the office from 5am to 7 pm to fininsh it!  It would be done and Perfectly! with me in at 5 am the next morning ready to start again. 

the hypo-m disorganized is a lack of catching one's toughts ... or more like a lack of organizing youself in reality!  So it is disorganzied plus the bad hair day. 

Goofy, I think you might need to better understand yourself first!  Forget MDD. Forget BP II.  Look at the charting and the adventure as a time to see just how much progress you have made!  Take the time to see how many good days you have and how energetic you are becoming.  Realise that you are healing and are able to become a person that you can again be proud of; work, family, social activities.  Hey even God needed one day to sit back in her easy chair and admire the view!  so people deserve two or three. no?
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
goofy,

What a uniquely beautiful post!

Accepting a diagnosis (or even how you view yourself) can be difficult. However, you are correct when you mention that it can be helpful to challenge your negative thoughts or even understand it as a negative core belief. This can sometimes be harder than it seems as well.

What makes it difficult to accept that you are uniquely beautiful? Does it have to do with your own self-perception?

Perhaps reflecting on how you view yourself could make this statement easier to accept.

Enjoy your weekend Goofy and let us know how you are doing!

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, I agree that a label is just a label.  I still have the same issues to deal with irregardless of what they call it.  Hey, I am uniquely beautifully me!  I like that!  Thanks!

Wildcat, Thanks so much for the categories.  I've been trying to do something like this, but couldn't quite pull it together (re: my specific moods).  I mean it used to be all High, Moderate, Mild depression and then pre-depression were my categories.  Now, I'm having to add some good days (what I think they are - though they may contain some of the elements described in the mild, and moderate mania).  I started to try to do this on the 0-10 scale (quantify it) so I could accurately rate how I felt.  0 being pre-depression  10 being hospitalized/suicidal.  This is definitely useful to me because even when I am energetic and feeling better, I'm disorganized, more social, talk more. 

I have to admit, I'm always a bit disorganized - all my life.  I thought this was a personality characteristic that I accepted as part of me. I spend alot of time getting organized but not alot of time staying that way - with or without depression.

Hmmm, since I'm uniquely beautifully me and the diagnosis won't change that - that's great!  I hope I can come to accept it as easily as I type it.  In this sentence the hardest part to accept is the uniquely beautiful me and not the diagnosis possibly being bpd vs mdd.  ah, must be a mild depression moment or a negative core belief or something I need to challenge .........

Goofy

Hi goofy.
what is nice about the mood chart is that you have a tool that is really helpful.  I have the doctor's but found this explanation of the categories much more helpful....

Severe depression: I can't function or I may have suicidal thoughts, family and friends insist I get medical help.
High Moderate Depression: I am withdrawn, I miss A LOT of work / school.
Moderate Depression: I am not interested in things; it takes extra effort to function.
Mild Depression: I feel a little sluggish and sad; I continue to function well.
good day
STABLE
bad day
Mild Mania: I am more social and talkative; I feel more productive but am slightly disorganized. (hypomania)
Moderate Mania: I start things but don't finish; I have more energy and need less sleep.
High Moderate Mania: I can't focus; others get angry or frustrated with me.
Severe Mania: I feel out of control: I engage in behavior that is risky or I later regret (for ex increased spending), family and friends insist I get medical help.

Goofy,
remember that being bipolar is not a life sentence of being out of control.  It is the name of an illness.  If you have it, you have always had it!  Like any other biological misfunction as time passes and our body changes, the illness presents itself differently.   It is just that depression has been the target of the media to better it'a image.  Then the medication is called is call Anti-depressant, so it seems like help is closer.  And lets face it, the enemy you know is easier to battle that the enemy in a different uniform!  is it the same enemy?

In the good old days you had periods of high energy and other days... Right now you have a lot on your plate and all your hard work on your healing HAS paid off.  You are getting back to work.  You have a family life that if full and challenging. 

So concentrate on your victory.
 Concentrate on the here and now. 
 And the diagnosis will be what it will be - but you will always be you!
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Goofy,

Well, I think your idea that it is a pre-depression feeling might be right! And hey, wouldn't that be wonderful! 

But remember hun, whatever the mood charts reveal or don't, remember that a diagnosis is just a label to help others understand. But it does not change the wonderful, unique and amazing person you are. You are not the label, you are you in all your beauty!  
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thinking about it as having pre-depression moments makes me feel great - thinking about it as being manic makes me think oh worry's me!  However, I guess I'll have to let the professional decide at the end of the mood charting.  I didn't have a wax today I had a wane, so probably not as positive as it felt yesterday.
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

This is great news! It may have been a while since you've felt like you so you're right, maybe you don't remeber it as clearly as can be. Give it time and don't force things. How does it make you feel?

Members, can you share in on Goofy's experience?

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: