Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Getting to Know Members - How do I spend my time?

12 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Typical week:

Monday to Friday are the same. Get up around 6.45, have a coffee and a cigarette and get the train to work. Work till 5.30 pm, wondering what I am doing there and why I feel so detached and unmotivated. Sometimes have to fight falling asleep at my desk. Go home. Try and find reasons not to go straight to bed. Maybe watch a dvd, play the guitar, mindlessly surf the web, play a video game, go for a walk and smoke (I don't smoke at home) . Bed time can be anything from 8 pm to 2 am.

Saturday and Sunday. More of the same. Spend time wondering why I look forward to the weekend and then don't enjoy it. Possibly go to my writing workshop on Saturday afternoon (though I've stopped that for the moment).

Once in a while I go to a film (usually Asian or French - I'm an arty type) alone, or go catch a band (also alone).

I spend a lot of time alone, that's how I prefer things to be.
12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I spend too much time home alone and too much time on the computer playing scrabble or on the forums trying to connect with people I don't even know will show up... sometimes I don't leave the house for weeks at a time.  I enjoy my time alone... but suspect it is somewhat counterproductive :/  Next week I go back to work so I will still spend most of my time at home but will have the company of a very bright 3 year old and an entertaining 1 year old.  We will go to playgrounds and such but I will still be alone as far as adult company.  Sometimes the kids are way more engaging than the adults in my life anyway. They are a bright beacon for me.... even with the diapers and tantrums... 
12 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again,

If you are just joining us feel free to post your thoughts and say hello.  These threads are a great place to start.  The purpose of these threads is to get to know members as individuals and not as their disorder or addiction. After all, you are much more than your disorder!

This week’s question may have a lot of guilt around it but I want you to be honest with the support group and yourselves; put the guilt aside.  Keep in mind we are all growing and learning together now let’s just look without attachment.  This week’s question is:

How am I spending my time?  What do I do, who am I with, where am I, etc.?  What does a typical week look like?

This question will lead into next week’s question but it is also interesting to discuss in its own right.

Ashley, Heath Educator

Reading this thread: