Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Preparing for your doctor’ appointment

14 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jessica,

I encourage you to visit your doctor.  Tell him about your symptoms and answer his questions, he will suggest medication if it is necessary.  Your doctor won't judge you for trying to improve your wellbeing.    You could even print of the information and tests you have gained from this site. 

Members, how did you prepare yourself to visit your doctor?
Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My doctor is aware of my depression, and recently prescribed me an anti-depressant. I am nervous about approaching her about my anxiety. Many friends and family members have approached me about my anxiety, and I have many of the signs of GAD. I feel that my anxiety interferes with my life on a daily basis, and am interested in anti-anxiety medication, but I am afraid that my doctor will think I am just asking for all these different drugs!
14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

Most people are a little uncomfortable about speaking to their doctor or health care professional about depression or anxiety. Sometimes people are intimidated by their doctor's training and knowledge. Sometimes people feel that their doctor is too busy to listen.

Other people don't want to bother their doctor with a problem that is "too small" or "too silly." Most people are embarrassed to admit that they have a problem with depression and some feel that if they have to get help for depression, then they must be "weak," "defective" or "broken." For all of these reasons, and more, people often decide to avoid talking to their doctor about important health problems. In fact, many people walk away from their doctor's office without having talked to their doctor about what they really intended to talk about.

If you are like many others and are uncomfortable talking to your doctor about your concerns, it might help to take our Depression or Anxiety Tests, and then take your results in to your doctor.

Are you feeling nervous about talking to your doctor about your symptoms?

Reading this thread: