Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Weekend!

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Wildcat, 

I am closer to the 21 spectrum then the retirement spectrum lol. But I must admit, I don't mind aging. It is part of the natural cycle of life. And hey, my life is better now then it was 10 years ago so I can't complain! Upwards and onwards!
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
happy birthday DIVA,

ho, by the way are you also 21-yrs-old with experience?
or closer to the 65-yrs-old and almost retired?

the only two ages that matter in life.
Hi goofy

Aww Thanks! 

Well I have come home from my second party. I did well enough but am exhausted. And well, there are special circumstances surrounding tonight's party that made tonight especially hard! I am feeling really off right now, quite down and depressed. But I will challenge my thoughts (once I am done venting here lol) and I will watch one of my favorite dvds and I will be ok. But I did it. I went to both parties and I did fine! Woohoo for me!

I am glad my experience gives you hope. I do think it gets better. As for anticipating, I get it, and it is the worse! All that anxiety bleh! But you can do it! If I can do it so can you :) I believe the best thing is to deal with the present moment as it is happening. It is the only place of true power we have!
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday !!!1
I think it is great - some of the things you said - you challenged your negative thoughts after you came back.  I think that is something I am working hard on and your successful experience gives me hope!  Also, to have two parties planned, what a loving supportive family/friends!  Does that mean lots of presents (even if they aren't tangible?)!  And then planning on worrying about issues as they occur instead of projecting!  I lookforward todoing that too.  I mean, I have a tendency to project like in my work situation to what is going to occur when I meet with them.  My first questions was who is going to be there and how many....lol, like it would make a difference.  I still have the same information to present, but having this information would give me an opportunity to project and experience more anxiety.  Thanks for sharing and providing me some insight into the session I am working on.  

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!=

Hey Faryal,

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

My first party was exhausting but it went well! I think I did ok lol. I saw my friend and we planned to go walking Monday. People seemed happy enough to have us there. But I must admit, afterwards, I caught myself ruminating and beating myself over the head about what I had done or said. I kept thinking: "Oh my, I didn't say that, they will think I am stupid...", and other stuff like that. So I took time to challenge my thoughts and it really did help. I didn't feel quite so anxious and depressed and stupid after. 

Now, I did a lot of work today, then I have another party. Part of me feels really anxious and  exhausted and overwhelmed that I have so little time to rest and that I have a huge week coming up. But I am challenging my thoughts! So off I go to get ready for my party. I can worry about my week when it comes to that lol!
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,

First of all Happy Birthday!! Hope the wish wasn't too late!

I'm sure you will enjoy the parties once you get there and are surrounded by all those you love. As you said, if you start to feel overwhelmed do not feel obliged to stay - excuse yourself and go home to rest. Certainly everyone will understand and will appreciate that you made the effort.

Hope it is a wonderful weekend......let us know how it went.

Faryal, Health Educator
I have birthday parties to attend to. I do not really feel up to it. I am tired. But it will make people happy so I will go. I guess I just wish I felt a bit more enthusiasm about going to my own birthday party rather then feel overwhelmed and tired... You see, we are having a birthday party for me and my favorite brother-in-law who's birthday is pretty close to mine.  So there will be a lot of people and I am not feeling up to it. But it makes him happy to celebrate his birthday with me as we get along really well. So I promised I would go. Then tomorrow, I have a party for my birthday with my step-sister who was born on the same day as me, just a different year. Weird coincidence right? And it is a milestone birthday for her, so I kinda feel like I should go. On top of it my dad and stepmom are the ones hosting. The relationship between me and my step-mom is at best, tense and fragile. So going over there is always stressful and tiring. And then next week I have a huge work week. I feel like I will get to Monday on an empty tank...

Ok, I need to stop this vein of though as I am talking myself out of going lol. I will go. Tonight, one of my best friends will be there. I am sure I will have more fun then anticipated. And once I am too tired, I will just excuse myself and go home but people will be happy I made the effort and so will I! So that is my Weekend.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The weekends are often a time for many to kick off their shoes and rest after a long work week. A golden opportunity to engage in a pleasurable activity! What activities do you have planned for the weekend?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: