Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Weekend Prep!

16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi danielle, We thought a glass of honey-wine might be nice Friday night... and Saturday we stayed home ALL day ... so Saturday night I crashed! I was considering the children as vermin in my life and I was a ball and chain in my husband's life. I tried to hide in the tub to challenge the thoughts and my daughter was no going to have any of that... I tried to hide in the basement with the laundry and Tiamat followed me there to resolve our conflict. So I left her in the basement and went to cry out on the drive way while breaking some 30 cm of accumulted ice. it took an hour to get myself back into control. but I was ready to book my flight to Brazil ... no more alcohol ... I can't control my daughter's moods and she is 5 - but too young to see that other's are not at her pace ... so I will control what I do and ingest. too bad I really like Sangrita in the yard in the summer. I spoke to my husband and he tried to console me with the idea of splurging for the bubbly fruit juice on rocks this summer.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, A well known trigger for smoking is alcohol and what bigger trigger than St. Patrick’s Day! You know its coming and when it will be here. Make a few informed choices. How are you going to celebrate? Are you going to celebrate? Is this a situation that will tempt you? Being aware of triggers is a great step towards your progress, being prepared is a smart decision on your part. Don’t let holidays or celebrations get the best of you, celebrate them in your own way! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: