Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Weekend Prep!

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, Absolutely! A great first step! By keeping these records you'll be able to understand yourself better from many different standpoints! You'll be able to keep track of and identify patterns and triggers. Once you've identified them, you'll be able to recognize them before or when they happen in the future. The very fact of recognizing them may push you to do something to counter the effect these triggers have on you and voila! You've got a new coping strategy! Kudos to you! Keep it up! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi brenna, I have begun to keep a mood chart. It goes severe-elevated to severe-depressed... with notations like mild;without significant impairment... so I can learn what I am feeling and what are the secondary effects of my moods. I have a place to tick off meds and hours slept. I can add my weight and and menstrual cycle as well to watch for problem periods ;p. all nicely colour coded. I know this is not the release that journaling can offer but right now ... can this chart be a first step in discovering and describing what I am?
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Make journaling a part of your day! Have you taken the time to start your journaling? Journaling can be as easy as a personal recount of your daily activities, your emotional thoughts or what made you smile today. Make today the day you actively involve a journal into your routine. Take the time to choose the right journal and make it fun. Pick something that gives you positive energy and a happy feeling. It can be your favorite superhero or your favorite print. You are using it everyday and it should be a happy moment when you take it out. How you prepare you journal is up to you. Diary style, listing style, inspirational style, happy thought style, or reward style. Whatever you choose, know that is can help you pinpoint areas that you may want to re-asses and further work on, or just reflect a year in review. It is important to try and write down all your feelings and emotions. - Use this as a place to gain momentum and happiness. - Use it as a place to pour out all your bad feelings or good ones. - Use it for all your rewards. - Use it to look back and remember. - Use it to challenge yourself and set goals. - Use it for yourself and see the difference it can make. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: