Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Antecedents & Consequences

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Perth, This is a theme repeated throughout the entire length of the program. It can be applied to changing negative though patterns, core assumptions & beliefs, communication style, lifestyle and any other type of behavior! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danielle, I know, this topic was part of one of the sessions - wasn't it? Can you say, which session is it about? I'd like to read more about it before I post here.. Thank you. Perth
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Changing your behavior is NOT easy. Much of our behavior is learned and over the years as we change, grow and develop breaking these habits can be tougher than we expected. Actions and behaviors are imbedded in context for example, if you are shy and you step into a room full of people it is probably enough to make you feel uncomfortable. To change this behavior it’s important to learn what stimulates your actions (antecedents), and the affects of your behavior (consequences). Over the course of this week brainstorm and share with us some of your antecedents and consequences. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: