Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Not sure where to put this post.

12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is really good news Baye.  Good for you.. stepping up to advocate for yourself and then finding your GP ready to help.  It is good to hear you so hopeful.  Great inspiration for the rest of us too... thanks for the update!
12 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I went back to my GP because he increased my anti depressants 2 weeks ago.  I managed to explained in more detail, my fear of leaving the house and why I manage to get to work most days.   And that I have been in therapy off and on from the time I was 11 years old.  I was put on meds in 97 for depression after a breakdown at work from stress and working overtime and never being home.  I had the AHA moment and told him that I believe the last 14 years of anguish has to do with what happened all those years ago.  I was put on meds but never talked to a professional about it. 

My doctor said that he didn't realize it was this bad, because for the 2.5 years I have been his patient this was the first time I really vocalized it.  He is making a referral to a physiatrist and he also works with people with coronic illness.  I have been a type 2 diabetic for 2.5 years.  My GP is keeping me on the anti depressants I am currently on and now adding an anxiety med. 

I am hopeful.  That I can deal with the issues and be happier have my life back.

Baye

Reading this thread: