Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Holiday rush!

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you know what stresses me most?  it is the time factors at work.

**people take their vacations and I get stuck replacing their full time jobs and doing my full time job in the same number of hours per week!
**the holidays are two days off and I have 5 days worth of work to cram into the day before and the 3 more on the day after.

**everyone wishes me merry all this and that, and enjoy the family ... but stay till I am done with everything on the 24th rush to the children's mass ... and party on the 25 and 26 but be on time and ready to work on the 27th  (well not this year since it is the week-end).  Enjoy what THe race or cutting things off to get ready for work?

**this year we have have been sick for the past 4 weeks.  just a varity of sore throats, ears and colds that are driving me to distraction.  If i could I would check into a hotel in a pictuesque community up north for a week and let the germs die!!!! in my house.  These little illnesses one after the other are just exhausting us all in the house!

So it is not really the commercial aspects that are getting to me.  It is work and the seasons germs.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sheba,

I find it ironic that this is supposed to be a peaceful, calm, joyful time of year - instead it has become so commercialized with the constant pressure and stress to purchase expensive gifts and entertain and decide where you want to be and where you should be to please family members!!

Amidst all the frenzy, I hope each of us can take the time to reflect on how far we have come this year and to truly give thanks for all that we have and all that is to come in the new year.

Happy shopping!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK... I finished will all presents a week ago and I'm a little relaxed... but everybody else semms just going crazy! It's all the stress around that steresses me. I simply fear just to go to get some groceries! People running etc... it's just general crazyness!!!!
I don't know who need a perspective on this? Us that we know we have some coping problems or everybody else?!
All this makes me nervous. Argh!

Reading this thread: