Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

What motivates you?

8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find I'm not motivated, as I trudge along. I know the key is havng goals, and following them. I've lost that lovin' feeling.
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am motivated by my children. To get up, go to work everyday, so that I can give them good lives. Their happiness is my motivation. 
8 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am motivated with the thought of getting better every day and be able to be active with my kids and wife. To make them happy and make myself happy. I want to focus on making more money, being more comfortable economically and being able to enjoy life more fully. There are days anxiety takes over and I feel I am not there for my family as I should be and have no desire to better myself. Then just thinking of them I feel motivated again. It's a constant battle but I keep pushing through, for them and for myself.
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm worried as I decline, in the second year of mom's death. Maybe it's seasonal, since December is a difficult month...
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Perth,

Thanks for making this thread active again. I decided to create the thread for members to share what motivates them because I though the ideas shared may spur thought or action in other members. Like you touched on, I find human beings are incredible resilient and resourcesful and sometimes a well timed questions is all that is required to help push them forward. 
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

I wanted to answer your question/initiative..

My motivation is about improving quality of life in all kind of means and for all kind of people. At work and in my private life.
The wide range of what a human can go through (and survive!) is amazing to me, eventhough it may not be fair to those individuals. I really often dont understand why life can get not only complicated, but so unfair to some people. I would wish, everybody can enjoy life. That's my motivation each day. 

I recognize, I may need some other personal motivations for my own life, which I currently seem to lack, but I am sure I will get there too.

Not sure, what was the purpose of asking this: is it a survey, or is it a passive tool of making us aware what would count in our life? 

Anyway, I like questions - I think, they can bring us forward. So thanks for asking.

perth

8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My desire to replace the negatives with positives.
8 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not yet found my motivation. I'm just frustrated I'm getting worse.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol Davit

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can relate to this. I'd like to take scissors to all that loose skin now before I can fill it again. 

Davit

Reading this thread: