Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Members, we need your help!

9 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Davit and Red,

Thanks for your interest and thoughts. 

If you have a US cell phone you can still register. You will just need to fill out this form:  http://www.ucandme.ca/Common/Contact.

The program is intended to be an information/reminder service via text messaging so there is not an email or messaging service currently available. I know not everyone likes using a cell phone or uses one at all but for this program it is intended to target frequent cell phone users.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I agree, when I had a cell phone unwanted text was very annoying. The cell was handy but not necessary so I dropped the whole thing. It was only for safety after I fell off the tractor. Next December when I can afford it I might get another if I can get something plain. I can understand the reasoning behind text, it just will not work. Why not Internet message or even internet chat. I still think it is a computer generated information program. Are we supposed to test it?
I like the site info though.

Davit
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, thanks for the offer of your zip code that's so sweet of you. I agree with you not everyone has a cell phone or if they do they do not have text messaging. I do not have texting on my cell phone and do not want it either. The first post on this thread mentions unmanaged stress leading to possible health problems or making current health problems worse. I couldn't agree more so I chose to have text messaging blocked from my phone and I have no regrets about this decision and have no plans to pay for text messaging just so I can use the UC program mentioned here..If I can't use their program on my laptop than it's something I don't need. Fpr those that have a cell phone and can tolerate text messaging it should be great..Red...
Ashley

This isn't going to work, not everyone has a cell phone. Some don't even have a phone. Some people do everything by computer and Skype is their phone. Why can't they use Email? I'm guessing support is computer generated and programmed that way only.

Davit
I think it is a good site, Postal code is used in Canada usually to designate time zone on the net. I'm sure Ashley wouldn't ask if there wasn't a way for Americans to get on it. There are as many or more Americans on here as Canadians. Any postal code beginning with V would put you in the right time zone. Mine is V0J 1J0. You could use it if that is all they need it for.

Davit
Thanks for the tip Davit. and by the way in my previous post I said I live in Canada I meant to type I do not live in Canada. So for all of those from Canada I think you will really like the UC site especially if you have UC like I do..Red..
I believe both Micro Soft and Mac offer a texting widget so you can text from a computer. I used to have it. It was free.

Davit
What I meant to say is when filling out the registration for their UC program you are asked for a zip code from Canada and being I do live in Canada I was not able to complete the registration so I was not able to sign up. Also their program is a text messaging program if anyone needs to know that. I myself do not have text messaging. Anyway I just thought I would contribute my experience with their program...If anyone wants or needs to know....Red
Hi Ashley. Just wanted to let you know I visited the UC site and tired to sign up but it seems that you a zip code from Canada to use the site..It looks like a good site for those that can use it..I sure know I would of if I could of...Hope others can take advantage of this UC site....Red:)))
9 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks again Davit!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: