Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Only the good die young.

10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The insight and intelligence of the members always inspires m. I'm blessed to be able to spend time here every week

Thanks for posting this  helpful thread Davit.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is ! Well the old man is washing floors and cleaning house. And really glad I have no choice since I wouldn't if I could find something else to do. Sun is coming out so I might go get wet and get the beans. On the other hand I could make a pie. Pie sounds good, could let the ground dry a bit. Oh I know what, I can grind herbs.
I can bake an apple instead, two maybe. Good way to use hard brown sugar.

Davit
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I taking a day off and am relaxing at home today.

Red..

10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today ends off as a good day, started practicing a new CBT skill, the "piss off" skill as per Davit. 
My son scored 10 points in his basketball game, his first point ever. He's only 7. The lightning is starting and the rain sounds so serene. I love the potter patter of rain, it calms me and brings back wonderful childhood feelings. 
Today could have gone bad if not for my intention to find something positive to keep the positive alive. And because of that what could have been a negative day wasn't. I have a movie and a cup of tea and the positive thoughts are still there.
One of my positive thoughts was that when my stray cat got scared he had enough faith in me now to come to me for protection. All my work with him was worth it. I have my movie and tea and he has milk as a reward and all is good tonight. I hope he likes the movie. Joking :-)

Davit
10 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok.

I had a lovely afternoon and did not have many tasks to take care of so it was very relaxing. I worked on a gift for a new acquaintance who I always enjoy seeing because she is so adventurous with her life and so strong. I am with someone this afternoon who I have a great strong bond with. 

You are right Davit, this forces us to pay better attention to the positive.
It is a fact that positive thoughts die quickly yet negative ones hang on till you kill them. So here is a chance to kill them by posting only the good that happens to you to see how long you can keep it alive.

I'll start, of course this is unfair because I already do this to kill off the negative. But here goes anyway. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun is coming up and I am having a cup of coffee which I love but it does not love me. I also had apiece of cake with it while typing this. Out the window I can see the sun coming over the hill and the leaves rustling in the wind. I have a lot of cleaning to do but just think how nice it is going to be not tripping over things. Since it is early I will probably add to this later.

Davit

Reading this thread: