Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

How has your Symptom Tracker helped you?

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi -
First of all thanks for the reminder - since I've been feeling well for most of the time in the last week - save for some times at night when I don't have easy access to my computer - I haven't done a good job of updating my symptom tracker. 
The tracker helped me during times of anxiety by helping me to better access what was really going on during times of panic.  One of the first things I learned in therapy was that my attacks were not going to kill or even harm me.  For me, there is nothing quite as effective as calling my panic attacks for what they are - annoying and harmless.  My therapist compared them to the hiccups.  When I accept that I am having an attack and recognize that it, I believe it gives less power to the attack symptoms and they begin to lessen.  The symptom tracker is a great tool and reminder of that.  It also helped me with the homework and with being self-aware.
I would like to add that you raise a good point by making sure to describe what I am doing when I am not feeling anxious and how that feels - this is such a great feeling and something that I should be mindful of during anxious times.  Feeling this way is the goal!
12 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In your situation you might want to use the Symptom Tracker to identify the hour when you’re feeling the most anxious. As it’s not pleasant to feel anxious, identify the hour you were most anxious and make sure to describe what you were doing, how you were feeling and who you were with in the “notes” area. Likewise, identify the hour in which you were least anxious and make sure to describe what you were doing, how you were feeling and who you were with in the other “notes” area. You’ll find that after doing this for a few weeks you’ll begin to get a very clear picture about what you’re experiencing.

How has your Symptom Tracker helped you?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: