Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

What are you thankful for?

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First of all, I think it's very cute that we three responders have cat pictures! 
I am thankful for my wonderful and supportive friends and family.  When I first starting having panic attacks, they often happened in the middle of the night and I would always wake my husband (another person who I need to hug and thank today!)  because I really wanted to talk about how afraid I was.  My husband is lovely but I think my attacks scared him and he wasn't always the best person to talk with at these difficult times.  He would try to help by saying "Try to relax".  Anyway,  I have a dear friend who works at night and who has suffered from anxiety in the past (He works at a post office). He was so helpful to me on a few occasions when I was having a bad time in the middle of the night.  I will be sure to thank him today!  It is a gift to have a friend to talk with who understands AND is available at off hours.  I would also like to thank Davit and others on this site who have been kind about listening when I needed to "talk"/type.  Thank you!
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There have been many people but since you asked for just one I would have to say my mate and partner in life because he has been here with me to listen and offer me feedback..He has comforted and supported every day and every night when I needed it..Without me asking..Plus he is very receptive to being hugged at a moments notice and always responds back in a loving and caring way.. 
Red....

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can hug my therapist????? 

No maybe not but the other person of importance knows and I can and do hug her.

Davit.

There is some unique wood work of mine in my therapists office. The office has been changed around a few times and it is still there, I guess she likes it. 
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Time to take a look at what you are thankful for!  Take a few moments to pick someone who has been instrumental within your journey.  How did they help you? Reward the individual with a hug, smile and even a thank you. The smallest gesture always makes the biggest impact.

Please share your thoughts here.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: