Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

St. Patrick´s Day

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

I so happy to hear you have gotten the snow moved away from you green house and I am sure you are even happier about it.
I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your vegetables again this year..
It sounds like you have a nice day planned for St. patties today..Good food, Good company..You are really on a roll now and Spring is just around the corner..
Thanks for sharing your positive thoughts. I really needed to hear them this morning, they are helping turn my negatives into positives this morning..I am feeling better already..

Your Friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of these fine years I should make wine out of something green, wonder if I can make spinach wine. That would be green. I might be too after drinking it. It is a hobby, I actually drink very little of it, but I just traded a bottle for getting the snow shovelled out from in front of the Green house door so I can get in there. Maybe it is easier for me to handle panic because I have learned to work around my Arthritis. There is always a trade off and a point you just have to accept it. 
Corned beef and cabbage sounds real nice, it is making me hungry. I'm having Rosemary Chicken and mushrooms glazed with Manuka honey and some vegetable. Glad it is not Friday because I have gone back to fish at least once a week for my health, and this is lent. I've given up butter and sugar. Truth is I'm really doing it in an attempt to lose weight before summer and I get busy. I also find cooking a good distraction for anxiety and there may be some tomorrow. A friend with Panic attacks is going to stop on her way home from work. She had a bad day today. I'll get some anxiety out of it I'm sure, but the exposure and the chance to have some company and conversation makes it worth while. What is the worst that can happen. I'll get some mild panic. Been there. I do have my "just in case bottle of valium" but I doubt I'll need it.

I hope everyone else uses the day as an excuse to do something special and kick panic in the but, even if it is only for one day. Maybe we could use these holidays as once a month, "I'm not going to panic" days.  Happy St Patrick's day. 

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I love St. Patties day too..I am planning on cooking corned beef and cabbage and lots of other veges too..It's going to be a nice day..

Red

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love St Patties day. You can feel green without thinking something is wrong with you. And some days anxiety makes me feel pretty green.

Right now I'd love to see some green, all this snow is depressing.

Davit.

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

A well known trigger for anxiety can be holidays and celebrations and what bigger trigger than St. Patrick’s Day!

You know its coming and when it will be here.  

Make a few informed choices.

How are you going to celebrate?
Are you going to celebrate?
Is this a situation that will create some anxiety?
Is there some Exposure you would like to before hand?

Being aware of triggers is a great step towards your progress, being prepared can assist you through those tough situations.

Don’t let holidays or celebrations get the best of you, celebrate them in your own way and on your own terms!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: