Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Myth or Fact?

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Buffey:  Yes, I love my dog.  I find dogs calm me and are very good company for me.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Buffey

Welcome.  Pets accept us unconditionally, something people do not always do. Here on the site you will be welcomed unconditionally too and I hope you will take the time to post and become an active part of our group.

Here for you.
Davit
13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

That is a very postive fact. Might I add, pets make wonderful support as well. Petting them, crying into their beautiful fur, taking them for a walk can really help when I am feeling anxious or down.

I also think that through education, our family and friends can learn to be more supportive if they can understand better where we are coming from. That , of course, is not an easy task.

Thanks for sharing
Buffey
13 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Myth: Family and friends can’t help me with my anxiety.

Fact: Family and friends can help by offering emotional support, including understanding, patience, affection, and encouragement. Try to engage in conversation with others and listen carefully. With family and friends you can also participate in outings and activities with others and they could help you to sign up for an old activity that you used to really enjoy.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: