Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

What have you learned today?

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi  ~m,

Thanks for the encouragement..I guess I am not the only one with this problem.. Its getting over the hump in the morning thats the hardest for me...I did pretty good yesterday.. Not so good today..I was pretty tired after being out yesterday...I never made to the air show. I got all caught up in the animal adoptions and shelter events. They can be a little depressing. There is always tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day. I hear they say Rome wasn't built in a day.  So how did you fair this weekend?  If you don't mind me asking..I was kind of wondering how others are doing out there with it all..

Red
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Red!  Enjoy... and thanks for sharing what you have learned... strikes me that I'm the same way.  Hadn't realized that it's the preliminary negative/fearful thoughts that make going out so hard.  Once I'm out there... usually, I'm ok too.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I hope you had a great day!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One thing I have learned about myself and dealing with my Agoraphobia is that once I get out the door of my home I am ok and really feel a lot better and all most always have a good time. Its getting out the door that is the hard part for me..What I have decided to about this is to plan interesting and exciting activities to do outside of the house and to use these activities as a positive motivator....This way I can focus on all the good things that are on the other side of that door just waiting for me to enjoy and explore..So this weekend I have planned to go to a air show which will be celebrating 100 yrs of Naval Aviation. I have also planned to go a couple of different dog and cat rescue adoptions events this weekend. It should be a very interesting weekend.
I will be signing out for now I need to get dressed and get ready to go within the next hour..Than out the door and off I go to enjoy myself, the sunshine and the day..

Red

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear members,

Managing Panic is a continual process that involves a lot of learning.  There will be setbacks, breakthroughs, losses and successes.  Through everything you should always be learning.  What have you learned today about yourself or about panic?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: