Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,477 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

CBT Day!

13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,

Great challenge! I made a point of talking to someone I know is able to look to the positive today. 

Who we talk to and the way we speak does impact the way we think (positive or negative). I like how you worded that here. Very helpful.
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoops sorry.

And when did it happen?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,

Lol. you forgot "when" again.

Davit. 

Ps see I do read every post!
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,
Welcome to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Day (CBT) on the forums!
Once a week a PC health educator will launch a challenge. Members are encouraged to take on the challenge and post their results. Following, a PC educator will post specific tips and strategies to aid you in the way you look/interpret yourself and the way you view the world.

This week’ challenge will pertain to focusing on the negative…

Many individuals tend to pay a lot of attention to certain kinds of information and no attention to other kinds of information. Most importantly, when people are feeling down, anxious or stressed, they tend to pay more attention to information that confirms their negative thoughts than to information that challenges their negative thoughts. For example, an individual may pay more attention to the one person who doesn’t have time to talk to them and less attention to the five people who stopped to talk to them.

How often do you focus on the negative? Today we challenge you to keep count with a pen and paper. As you track, don’t forget to note the 5 W’s of every negative thought: Who was there? What happened? Where did it happen? And why did it happen?

Don’t forget to post your results here! 
Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: