Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Got Water?

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny:

Great Idea on a way to get all our water intake for the day.

Davit,

Wishing you well and hoping you are feeling better real soon.

Red
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Saturday, everyone!

You should drink 8 glasses of water daily, regardless of the water content of the food you eat. A couple hours after your big meal this weekend, try to remember to drink a few cleansing glasses.

Urine does not have to be clear. If it is lightly colored (except after beets!), clear, and doesn't have a strong odor (except after asparagus in some folks!), then you are likely on the right track.

Davit- impressive that you are doing so well when you have so much going on! You are a great role model!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
David:  Glad to hear the trip was panic free.  You've had a tough time lately, hoping it gets better real soon.

Juanita:  I like Tetley too! Here's to a cuppa.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita.

I'm in the hospital probably till Tuesday. I went to PGRH today by ambulance for the picc line and pump. The pump runs twenty four/seven. Ten hours round trip. I'm tired but happy, the cultures came back positive for staph aureus. Six weeks at least at twelve grams a day. The trip was totally panic free. 
Prefer Tetley also
Oh yes I walk better but am getting edema.

Your friend 
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,
I drink tons of water when I work..its so dry and hot there,  I bring my 20 oz. bottle, and refill it constantly.I must confess, at home I rarely touch it....unless its nice and hot in my tea. Ya, I love my tea. Tetley perferably, but Red Rose will do in a pinch. ha...So, to compinsate, I guzzle a big glass of water  when I brush my teeth, so thats at least 2 cups a day...haha.. 
 Davit, so does asparagus! Phew!
Are you home yet Davit? I hope you  are getting better. I'm still sending out my "prayers" for you.
I'm off today, going to go get another cup of tea....hmmm..maybe I'll switch to water. Nah..ha...Hubby's home tomrrow,yeah! so I may not be on here for a couple of days. I want to wish all the Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving on monday, and I see on my calandar its Columbus Day in America. So Happy columbus Day to you all! As for the people from all over the world..(wow! that just blows me away, knowing that people from around the world may be here, reading what I wrote)....have a wonderful,  anxiety-free weekend! 
Your friend,
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  I learned that if you are hydrated your urine should be clear enough to read through.  If it's darkish colour then you do not have enough water, the clearer, the better.  Usually dark when you first get up in hte morning because it is more concentrated. Some foods will tinge it.  If you drink coffee, have a cup of water afterwards.  A good way to know how much water you've had is using a pitcher with 8 glasses full.  By the end of the day, have a look and see how many you drank.  Harder to do if you are not at home, but you could bring something to work with a measured amt. and try to drink it.  When I used to go to the gym we always had water to drink, depending on your workout at least one bottle of water. It's true we get water from our foods but not enough.  Eight glasses is the general rule to strive for, so yes, I would try for that.
Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was tought that if your urine is not clear ( no colour )then you are not drinking enough water to clean out the toxins. some people need more water than others. I drink enough to do that. Eating beets messes this up though.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is great advice I remember when I was a kid I hardly drank more then three cups of water a day maybe at a maximum 4 cups. I wonder if not drinking enough water over a long period of time can have a cumulative effect on your body and mind. Every time I go to my chiropractor the first things she asks is how much exercise did I do, and how water did I drink. So I am wondering if you do a lot of exercise and sweat do you need more then 8 glasses of water a day. One other question is that I have been told that we get water from the food we eat. So if you ate 3 pieces of fruit one day and it may be equivalent to 1 cup of water do you still need 8 glasses on top of that.

Dizzy
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great reminder. I often don't drink enough water in a day, and on those days that I do I notice how much better I feel on many fronts. I'm going to go fill that water bottle right now!
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Water is a key component in determining the quality of our lives. It has been ranked by experts as second only to oxygen as essential for life. In Rome many centuries ago, it used to be considered a major crime to pollute any water.

The average adult body is 55-75% water.

Aside from aiding in digestion and absorption of food, water regulates body temperature and blood circulation, carries oxygen and nutrients to cells, and flushes toxins and wastes out of cells. Conversely, dehydration can lead to many ailments ranging from arthritis and joint stiffness to allergies to headaches.

Among its many benefits, water plays a major role in weight loss. It is fat-free, cholesterol-free, suppresses the appetite and enhances the metabolism of stored fats. Not drinking enough water leads to excess body fat, poor muscle tone, low digestive function, increased toxicity, and joint and muscle soreness. Even mild dehydration will decrease one’s metabolism by 3%!

It is recommended to drink at minimum 8 glasses (8 ounces each) of pure-filtered water daily. It is further suggested that for those who are overweight, add one additional glass of water for every 25 pounds that you are overweight.

Members………….how much water are you drinking daily?

Remember……..coffee and pop do not count as water intake!!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: