Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Myth or Fact?

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fact:

My spirituality, my belief and faith in God has saved me on many occasions and without it I would not be here today.
Prayer has been a life saver for me. I have been very close to death several times and wanted to give up on life. I truly believe the only reason I am still alive to today is because of divine intervention.  There is no other way for me to explain it. I know now that God has always been with me in good times and bad.  Like the poem  Foot Prints in the sand.  He is my Rock!

Red

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Davit.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you believe strong enough in the possible it can happen. Prayer can change negative core beliefs. It has to be repetitive and you have to believe it will work. Call it faith, call it belief. If this works for you then you should do it. One of the most common sayings is that God helps those that help themselves. Do your part and it will happen. This is my thought.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is just my opinion.  I believe both can happen.  I believe God gives us wisdom to help ourselves and I also believe that God can heal a person.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: A person can recover from a mental illness by turning his or her thoughts positively and with prayer.

Fact-Recovery is possible when the person receives the necessary treatment and support. Spirituality can also be an important source of strength for some individuals.

http://www.naminh.org/action-facts-myths.php Retrieved on August 11th, 2010.

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: