Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,480 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Is Mismanagement of Stress Contagious?

14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I talked to my boss about what my therapist said. I've known my boss for over 20 years so he's more like family and I can be open & honest with him about many things in my life. I told him that my therapist suggested that he give me the morning to do my actual job (LOL) and then give me all his chaos after lunch. He agreed to try it. He also asked me what the therapist recommended for him to handle his stress better - I told him that he'd hafta schedule his own appointment with her LOL

So we shall see how it goes... I'll definitely keep y'all updated on my progress
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is quite possible.  Others can rub off on you to the point where you internalize their feelings and attributes.  This is not a statistic, just something that many members have noticed.  The assistance for you is to concentrate on what you need to accomplish and how you would go about doing it. Keep working through your steps and achieving your goals.  you will come out winning in the end!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Texan. 

Hell yes, My brother does that to me all the time. He phones me up to vent his stress. I don't know what you will do about your boss, but I just tune out my brother. Is your job secure enough to do that? My last job had a control freak for a boss. I wonder now if he was a contributing factor.  Come to think of it Ive had more than one of these A!@#$%^&*s. You have a really good point here. Let us know how you deal with it.

Davit
14 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I had another therapy session today and I made a HUGE breakthrough. I realized what triggered my 1st attack

The only thing that really gives me the major source of stress is my job. My boss is a terrible micro-manager & everything has priority right now. Everything must done right away. The problem with that is that Im the exact opposite. I have a methodology to the way I work & steps that I go thru everyday. When he comes to my desk with his chaos, it throws off my entire plan & then I get side-tracked. I've been working for him for over 4 years and my therapist thinks that his mismanagement of job stress is rubbing off on me. And my body doesn't function that way, hence panic/anxiety attacks. My body is trying to let out the stress and it has finally had enough.

So my question is this: Do y'all think it's possible for someone's mismanagement of their own stress in the workplace can rub off on other people in the same workplace?

Reading this thread: