Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Did you know?

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brandie,

Knowledge is power and I commend you for the amazing progress you have already made in one month!  Keep posting with us and let us know how we may help you.

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I have alot of these symptom on any given day. I have only had one panic attack thus far and hope it be the last, but the dizziness and the sunburned feeling body has got to be the worst. I try alot of relaxation things such as reading on the net, try to watch tv or listen to relaxation cd's. If this don't work and I really feel i'm losing it I take a xanax, which is usually once a day. I'm new to GAD have only having it a little over a month so i'm still learning and in the trial and error period for medication. I think I may be learning to control my anxiety a little better now. Knowledge really is power. I'm thinking if I didn't do all the reading I have done thus far, I may have had a few more panic attacks. I may even be having smaller ones since sometimes the sensations are fierce but i think I'm learning to control them a little better now. I'm not sure, but I'm trying my very hardest to be positive. Which is extremely hard to do. I still have days, when I doubt the doctors.
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,
Here’s a list of some of the most common symptoms that occur during a panic attack:
  • Feelings of apprehension, worry or fear 
  • Anticipation of misfortune to self or others
  • Poor concentration
  • Impatience, uneasiness, edginess, vigilance 
  • Dry mouth difficulty swallowing
  • Butterflies, nausea vomiting
  • Chest pain, palpitations 
  • Shakiness, dizziness, hyperventilation
  • Sweating, headache, tingling sensations
  • Jumpiness, fatigue, fidgeting restlessness

Not all people with anxiety experience the same symptoms. The severity, frequency and duration of these symptoms will vary from person to person. Please tell us what symptoms you have experienced and how you’ve coped with them. 

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: