Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Did you know?

15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Birdie,

To start a new discussion go to 

* View Support Group
* Click on a forum
* At the top of the forum you'll see a paper & pencil icon marked : start a new discussion

Hope this helps.

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Birdie..

Enjoy your bike ride ... it sounds as though you have a lot of support and this will be something you'll definately be adding to your list of successes.

Can't wait to read about it.

15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks cornish my kids are teens so yes they will gladly ride with me!  They don't have any idea mom is such a scardy cat!  Part of my motivation
is to take those lovely rides with my children. My husband loves to ride too.  So really I have a lot of support. Yes, I will keep happy thoughts and 
the scenery is beautiful!  Not sure if I'll get out today after all, I had an unexpected situation to take care of this morning so we'll see!  Birdie

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds a great plan Birdie . Maybe you could just start by cycling around outside your house withn your children as a game to start with .
Then gradually alittle bit more by yourself . Perhaps if your by yourself have a good old fashioned sing song while cycling .
15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the good news! It helps me to focus on the positive. I need to always remember there is hope!!!
I'm sorry to change the subject but I can't find where you start a new discussion.
I wrote an exposure plan and am looking forward to starting today.  I'm wondering if it is good to set a time frame for completing it or if you
should just take it as slow as necessary .  I don't want to push to fast or to slow.  My goal is to ride and walk my bike around our country block
ultimately by myself. That is approximately 2 miles. Sounds so silly cause my children do more than that with out a second thought.  It has
been so ingrained in me as a child to be afraid of certain things. I work and drive and enjoy being alone but something about being exposed 
like that out in the open has always caused me fear.  I don't want to be afraid anymore!  I'm thinking that by mid August I should have met my
goal or be close to it.  I know my schedule, the weather and just my work schedule won't allow me to get out every day. Probably 4 times a 
week at the most.  Would love others input!!!!!!!!! 
Birdie

What an excellent idea Mya .
15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No matter how many times I see that it always makes me feel better...I swear I need to print that out and put it around my house!!
Yay thats the sort of thing i love to read . A great morale boost , thank-you . ooo im all dark writing thats better .
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Panic disorder is highly treatable, with a variety of available therapies. These treatments are extremely effective, and most people who have successfully completed treatment can continue to experience situational avoidance or anxiety, and further treatment might be necessary in those cases. Once treated, panic disorder doesn't lead to any permanent complications.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: