Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Recipe for success: exercise

8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's too cold today to go out, but we've been spoiled with a mild winter...
8 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankfully I have 3 state parks within a few miles from my house so I find going to walk in the park very helpful, peaceful. Now, I do need to lose weight and do more brisk walking and cardio to be able to start losing weight, but not only am I lazy but also when I exercise and get my heart rare up I start feeling anxious and panicky, I know it's because my heart rate is up like when I have a panic attack, it's just hard to separate the 2 sometimes. Like, I have to tell myself that it's just because I'm exercising and not because I'm having an actual panic attack. But...I will keep on pushing because I have to and I need to if I wanna get better.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I had been doing my workouts at home (I have an elliptical machine in my apartment) but was really getting bored with it.  I also didn't have any weights or anything and that was something I was really missing.  Had been thinking of joining a gym so finally did it...and signed up for some personal training twice a week for a year.  OH MY GOD...it's going to kill me. I've had two sessions.  Today was lower body.  I have weak muscles from not doing any strength/resistance training...and it really shows....and boy do I feel it. Oh well.  Slow and steady and hopefully it will get easier with time.
8 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are so right hug4U! Walking is an excellent form of exercise and an excellent way to boost your mood. If you add mindful walking and/or walking in nature then you increase your benefits even more.  I personally enjoy mindful walking.

Cardio and yoga are also great options!

I wonder how other members include exercise into their daily schedule?

Thanks for sharing.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find exercise essential for my anxiety.  If my anxiety peaks...a good hard cardio workout followed by some gentle yoga is very helpful.
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Taking a walk can really take me out of my funk, and it helps my body digest! It's so accessible and easy too - no need for a gym, equipment, etc. I'm going divide my groceries into 7 days, and get my exercise that way, possibly. Mom had to do it out of financial need, and it's no wonder she lived so long.

Reading this thread: