Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

How many times?

8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Davit, 

I was right were you where a year ago. I'd had gotten to a point where I felt I had more or less beating it or at least had it under control enough that it didn't bother me. I'm trying to remain positive I will get back to a normal place again soon, it's just been very rough. I'm sad and worried.

As far as what brought it on, it was a combination of depression, health problems and some big changes in my life over the past couple of years. I lost my mother to a heart attack a few months ago,  I got married, the company I work for is changing owners and so many of us will probably lose our jobs, and then there was the holidays. I hate the holidays and find them depressing. I guess it was just too much to handle at once and I started to have panic attacks again. Suddenly I was having them more and before you know it here I am.

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had anxiety to some degree all my life but only panic attacks starting around 15 years ago. Bad ones anyway, every night ones. What I get now doesn't qualify, they are still panic attacks that I shut down right away or shrug off and I might get two a year is all. Some years none. 

Davit

8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Definitely. I have had episodes of anxiety and depression on and off for 20 years. When you're in the midst of it, it seems you'll never feel better, but you will. I've had great success with anti depressants and counseling. Is there anything specific that causes you to have problems? Or does it come on for no apparent reason?
8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So this may seem like a weird question. But I'm dealing with what feels like the third episode I've had in my life. The first time was in college, and then again about 3 years later it happened again. In both cases i didn't have a therapist and wasn't on any medication. That last episode was in 1998/1999 and it cost me a good job at the time. Now i've had my battles with anxiety and depression since then, but not like what I'm dealing with now, which is more like panic disorder. Have others had this come and go through out their life as well?

Reading this thread: