Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Found any "Treasures" Lately?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About a year and a half ago I found a treasure but lost it due to unforeseen circumstances. We do not always have control of our life. 

Hugs I am told that cats do not like to walk on chicken wire. Plants will grow up through it. Sometimes my cats pee in the flower beds but I spray them when I catch them. Lee Valley has a motion detector sprinkler that does this automatically. 

My cats do not pee in the Garden proper, they know better. Sunny the dog did though on her rounds. She also learned how to pick peas and dig up little potatoes and eat Asparagus. Can you blame her, it is so good. There was still enough left for Sunny the Lady and me but it is a bad habit to let get started. My fault really I just did not have time to put up a gate. A lot of things I did not get done while I spent two and a half months in Hospital and more time recuperating. Trying to make up that lost time this year. Long days, short nights but I sleep good.

Davit.

PS. Sunny left a plan of her flower bed but the names mean nothing to me. Have to spend time looking them up on the net.

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found some mums, as I clean the yard, ever so gradually, weeding.  I had accidently uprooted some, but found more, and look forward to their late blooming.
Hi Ashley,

Often dealing with gremlins with opposite core values, I question my competence, but I was reminded how capable I am, if I can focus.  Not only did I make an outline, but I also have photographs, took workshops and have correspondence from master gardeners so I can build on the last years' experiences, making it so much easier.

I suppose that cat was trying to help me fertilize, since that garden is for flowers.

I'll bet that cat is supposed to be on a leash though, so somebody's needs a talking to.
I found a small map I made of the garden, since I can't tell the grass from the flowers.  After I'd cleared a square yard of earth, a cat relieved himself(or herself) on it.

I suppose that I did a nice job of weeding, and I'll consider that act as a compliment.

Reading this thread: