Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Ecstasy, Rapture and Resurrection

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
It seems that what's happened is that my obsessiveness has really put me out of balance here.   Being in the zone is when there is balance, but I was just afraid of failing.

My remedy was asking the instructor for specifics about the homework, and finding out there's no need to fret - I won't be judged or don't even have to make much effort.  I went too far in this little noggin'(or rather the big one).

Back to the drawing board
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs:  I've been that excited before too.  I don't really like it, not being able to sleep when the ideas are just pouring in.  I want to be more laid back these days.  I remember once working on a sculpture and I was in the "zone".  My hands seemed to work on their own, they knew exactly what I wanted to do and everything flowed so smoothly.  It was the first time I had ever felt it and was a marvel to me.  I like it when things work so smoothly, no struggle between body and mind, very zen like I think.  There is nothing else which gets in the way at that moment in time.  I'm happy for you that you are enjoying your course in design.

Sunny
I'm up at some ungodly hour because I'm so excited about a course assignment that I've been pacing around measuring and trying things, and playing with design possibilities.  I even walked out into the sub-zero porch in my bare feet, and snuck into an adjacent separate room near a sleeping parent so I could test some of my designs.  When I mistakenly struck a  large metal serving bowl, I winced since it rang like a church bell, but touching it stopped the sound immediately.

We all need loving people around us to act as "emotional shock absorbers" to absorb that extra "noise" so we can live our dreams, don't we
Sonia,
I could have used the term planning for home renovation, so it's part of helping my parent.  It wasn't something I wanted, but have to do.  However, the instructor makes things fun.

What I need to distinguish is that it seems that i have to find recreation away from the course, even if it's fun...strange as this may seem.  I think I need a break since the new year's courses are committing me in a way I haven't commited for a while...but I'm adapting with new skills eg. confidence in the kitchen; laundry room; support from you and the facilitators and members
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hugs4U,

I'm glad to hear you are pursuing something you are passionate about. What made you decide to explore course options in design? 

Members, 
What characteristics in particular make an activity enjoyable in your opinion?

Sonia
I couldn't sleep last night as my mind explore creative options for a course I took in design, but I still feel as refreshed as I did before I ventured into something I finally enjoyed.  It felt timeless as I seemed "waste" time yesterday with homework which I experienced like no other passion.

I wonder if others have experienced something which just permeates your pores so you can't barely sleep anymore

Reading this thread: