Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

got stuck away from home and lived!

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks^^ It was quite the "adventure" lol! Thanks for all you encouragements :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, You did amazingly well given the circumstances. I was anxious just reading about it LOL so for you to sit there for an hour and a half and not freak out is wonderful. Seems like you are doing great and things will only get better. Yay!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, So proud of you! Kudos on a job well done! This is a great victory! Thank you for sharing, your story is sure to inspire many. Danielle ________________________ The PC Support Team
Thanks Maggie :) <3 -Diva
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Georgia][size=4]WoW Diva! Congratulations! That is SO amazing- I'm SO proud of you! Good work girl...You're doing great. <3 ;p[/font][/size]
After going to see my therapist i got stuck with no way to go home and no one to call who could come get me for over an hour and a half! You see the weather had suddenly turned superfreezer like and i mean cooooold!!!!!!! And i had shoes on, no boots, no winter hat, no mittens and the weather was freeze your nose off in 5 minutes cold. So obviously i could not walk home. The bus was out of the question too because i seem to have developped a bus phobia!!! Plus i would have frozen before the bus got to me. So then i call the cab. they say half an hour to and hour wait. So i say ok send it over. Sit down and start reading facing the door of course to see the cab coming. The cab gets there and goes around the building without stiopping, sees nobody out there (who stays 45 minutes in that kind of cold outside!) and leaves without stopping. I didnt even have time to run outside and flag him down but i did see him go by! So i call the cab company and they tell me it is another half hour before i get a new cab! And then they end up not sending it! So i finally call the only other cab company and they say they will send one in 15 minutes and tell him to wait outside the door long enough for me to run and jump in cause they know it is freezing and nobody in their right mind would wait outside! Now this whole time this is going on i know that nobody i know is home or somewhere i can reach them so that nobody i know can come get me. So i start feeling angry and sad and then i start feeling anxious. Oh my! I am stuck there for who knows how long!!!! But then i decided not to panic and not to give in to my anxious thoughts and i told myself worse case scenario my hubby will be home at 6 o clock and he can come get me. ( that was before the nice taxi company came to get me lol) So i sat down and read some school material i had brought for the waiting room and told myself that this was just another way of studying and that i would eventually get home! And guess what, even tho i got stuck there for 1h30 i did not panic!And i got to read a whole chapter for school lol. Ok i must admit that by the time i got home i was pretty flustered and i still am a bit, but i am really happy that i didnt fall apart like i would have in the past. All in all i dealt with this pretty well i th

Reading this thread: