Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Gaining a sense of control: Baking

8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I watched a situation comedy which described "stress baking" as something people do when under pressure. Personally, I'd rather not bake at all, but it's necessary to treat myself, and moderation is my practise. A peach pie seemed to work out, and I froze it, keeping the filling. I used canned peaches.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm the opposite.  Most of the recipes I have are from family/friends...and they call for "a bit" of this or "some" of that.  I need exact amounts...I read the ingredients/amounts at least twice...none of this ambiguous stuff!!  Too stressful!
8 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That makes sense to me hugs. I think cooking and baking are great ways to relax for some people. Whatever works for you is a great idea!

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Made chocolate veggie brownies, no cholesterol, no wheat. no salt. Used dutch cocoa.
Continuing the low cholesterol diet.

Davit
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder why, after a stressful day, I'd really want to bake? Maybe because the need to be precise gives me a sense of focus, distracting me from all the things I can't control? I'm so indecisive, a recipe seems to be a way to get control...anybody follow this?

Reading this thread: