Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,485 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

Getting over the morning grumpiness: What´s your antidote?

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a terrific song from the movie Houseboat with Sophia Loren and Cary Grant.  It's called Bing Bang Bong.  When I listen to it in the morning, it really influences my day - it says

"One step two step
Stepping through a new step
Live
your life with a zip and a zing
You'll have the world on the end of a
string
If you do it with a Bing Bang Bong
A Bing Bang Bong"

It's silly but it works for me.  It helps when sung with an Italian accent...

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't actually wake up grumpy but I do wake up observant so it doesn't take much some days to turn grumpy. I like quiet in the morning and some times I don't get it. All just part of sharing space.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Bren,
I am doing some writing now, and my new years activities are related to that.  As I've been more connected to people through these activities, I am sleeping more soundly, but I still wake up grumpy.

It's funny, since there's a book called "Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy, and Sometimes He wakes up by himself..."!

I'd like to hear from others, even if you're grumpy

12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, i think of happy thoughts,or telling myself,i am fine and its normal to have days that are like that..i also love french music,so i may listen to some happy french songs,i love to cook,thats an outlet for me....try writing down why you may be grumpy?
Did you sleep badly,have bad thoughts or dreams..
Just a suggestion..
Bren
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hugs4U,

What I personally like to do to boost mood in the morning is to have something peppermint flavored : usually peppermint tea.  I find the freshness really wakes me up and gives me a boost.

Music is great too, as you mention.

Members, please jump in. What are some happy songs that lift and calm your mood in the morning?

Sonia
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aside from taking coffee, how you get out of your morning grumpiness?

It occurred to me that I'd forgotten that tip from actor Jack Nicholson to actor Adam Sandler in the movie Anger Management, to sing "I feel pretty" from the play West Side Story.   I suppose I forgot this for a while since everything becomes routine after a while.

I still like that tune

Reading this thread: